NOMENCLATURE OF HALOGEN COMPOUNDS:-
i) Nomenclature of haloalkanes (Alkyl halides)
- Selection of the longest carbon chain containing the halogen atom.
- Giving least possible no. to the halogen atom.
- If having double or triple bond between carbon atom least no. is given them
- Placing suitable suffixdi, tri and tetra for 2, 3, 4 halogen atoms.
- Giving suitable names haloalkanes, haloalkenes, haloalkynes.
i) Nomenclature of Haloarenes:- (IUPAC)
- They are named as aryl halides in commonsystem.
- We use numerical prefixes (1, 2), (1, 3), (1, 4) respectively for position of substituent w.r.t to halogen atom.
- Give least possible no. to the halogen atom.
- The compound we named as halo Benzenes.
|« Click Here for Previous Topic||Click Here for Next Topic »|
If you have any query regarding this topic please post your queries HERE