ICSE Syllabus for year 2018, 2017, 2016 is given below. Students of Class X can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
ICSE English Syllabus
- To develop and integrate the use of the four language skills i.e. listening, speaking, reading and writing for the purpose of effective communication.
- To develop a functional understanding of the grammar, structure and idiom of the language.
- To develop the capacity to read efficiently and access information effectively.
- To develop an appreciation of good literature.
- To experience, through literature, the thoughts and feelings of the people of the world.
There will be two papers –
- Paper 1. English Language
- Paper 2. Literature in English
Each of these papers will be of two hours duration.
- Paper 1: English Language (80 Marks), Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
- Paper 2: Literature in English (80 Marks), Internal Assessment (20 Marks)
English Syllabus for ICSE Class 10th is given below.
|Exam Year||ICSE Syllabus|