West Bengal NTSE 2015
Applications are invited for State Level National Talent Search Examination candidates for National Level Talent Search Examination from eligible students studying in Class X in recognized schools located in the state of Odisha.
Examination : National Talent Search Examination is conducted in two stages.
- Stage – I : State Level National Talent Search Examination for selection of candidates to National Talent Search Examination.
- Stage – II : National Level Talent Search Examination will be conducted by NCERT for candidates selected through Stage – I.
Examination Fees : The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear at the examination.
Orissa State Level NTSE 2015 Important Dates
|Online filling up of Application Forms by the candidates||20.07.2014 to 20.08.2014|
|Submission of hard copy of Online Application Form to the Headmasters / Headmistress by the candidates.||By 21.08.2014|
|Submission of countersigned hard copies of Application Forms by the Headmasters / Headmistress to the DEOs.||By 25.08.2014|
|Validation of Application Forms after scrutiny by District Education Officers||By 05.09.2014|
|Download of Admit Cards by the Heads of Institution||10.10.2014 to 18.10.2014|
|Despatch of Roll Sheets to the Centres by TE and SCERT||By 28.10.2014|
|Date of Examination||02.11.2014 (Sunday)|
Orissa State Level NTSE 2015 Eligibility
Students studying in Class X during 2014-2015 in recognized schools of Odisha are eligible to appear National TalentSearch Examination. They must have passed Class IX Annual Examination securing at least 60% of marks or equivalent (relaxable by 5% for reserved categories ). There will be no domicile restriction.
Orissa State Level NTSE 2015 Application Form
The candidate can fill up the Online Application Form logging www.scertorissa.org / www.scertodisha.nic.in.
After filling up of the Application Form online, he / she is required to take the printout of the same and submit it in the concerned school/Institution. Head of the institution forward it to the concerned District Education Officer. The District Education Officer will allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto generated twelve digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form.
The Admit Card will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
Documents to be submitted along with the Hard copy of the Online Application Form :
- Caste Certificate, as applicable, for SC / ST candidate issued by the concerned Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar.
- Disability Certificate for Physically Handicapped candidates issued by the concerned District Medical Board.
Filled in hard copies of Online Application Forms received after 15.08.2014 / not countersigned by the concerned Head of School will not be accepted.
Orissa State Level NTSE 2015 Important Information
State Quota for Odisha : 121 candidates will be selected for National Level National Talent Search Examination. Within this quota there will be 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 3% for Physically challenged candidates.
Examination Subjects : The State Level NTSE will consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 50 multiple choice items on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 45 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
- Language Comprehensive Test (LCT) consists of 40 multiple choice to be answered in 45 minutes. This will be conducted in English and Odia. The candidates will get a choice to appear in only one of the two language.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes.
Syllabus : There is no syllabus for State Level NTS Examination. However, questions will be asked based on syllabi or Classes IX and X.
Selection Procedure : To sit in Stage – II examination of NTS, the cut -off marks will be 40% of marks. For reserved category, this cut-off mark will be 32%. The Merit List will be prepared taking the total marks secured by the candidates.
Scholarship : There are 1000 scholarships for the entire country. Awardees of NTS Examination will receive scholarship of Rs.500.00 per month up to Ph.D. level in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce and Post Graduation level in Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law subject to satisfactory of academic progress. Centre for State Level NTS Examination : Government Colleges and Government High Schools located in district headquarters / principal towns will be the Examination Centres.
- Answer Keys & Cut Offs will be available here
- NTSE First Stage Result 2015 – Orissa will be available here