Silverzone International Olympiad of Mathematics (iOM) 2015-16 – The International Olympiad of Mathematics (iOM), a test of competence and knowledge in the subject of Mathematics, is held annually at the National and International levels, based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards. Detailed syllabus with sample question paper is provided along with this Information Booklet. Please refer to the books published by SilverZone for the preparation of iOM or visit www.Olympiads.asia. iOM recommends the competition for each and every student who is Studying Mathematics as their subject in the school. Detailed syllabus is provided along with this Information Booklet at this website. For details Please follow links given below.
Level 1: All the students of classes 1st to 12 are eligible to take part in Level 1
- As iOM 2015 is being organized at National and International level, due to various reasons, it is not possible to conduct the olympiad on a specific single date. The Mathematics Olympiad will be conducted on 18th November 2015 and 10th December 2015. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school.
- You may opt for either 18th November 2015 or 10th December 2015 as your International Olympiad of Mathematics date. Last date of registration is 30 days prior to Olympiad Date.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.silverzone.org in the month of January 2016.
Level 2: Top 500 Olympiad rank holders of the 1st Level from each class will compete for top positions in a 2nd level examination.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2016. The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result at our website.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC) .
Level 3 : Olympiad 1st Rank Holders of classes 6th to 12th from 2nd level will be eligible for Level 3. Level 3 will be conducted at New Delhi, India.
- Level 3 will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2016 at New Delhi.
Venue : The Venue of the 1st level Olympiad will be the school itself, 2nd Level will be City Centre/Your School; whereas 3rd level will be conducted at New Delhi.
iOM Test Paper
The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1st to 12th with the following details.
- For Classes 1-2 : There will be 30 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- For Classes 3-12: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking. For classes 3rd onward OMR answer sheets will be provided.
Fee Structure and Study Material
For Schools outside India : The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$8 per student.
Study Material (For Classes 1st to 12th) : The price of Preparatory Text Book (USD$4), Sample Question Paper Booklet (USD$4) and Mathematics Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) which is not included in the fee.
For Schools in India : The participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs.120/- per student.
Study Material : The Study material for schools are available at discounted price. The price of Preparatory Text Book (for class 1st to 12th) (Rs.60/-), Sample Question Paper Booklet (for class 1st to 12th) (Rs.60/-) and Mathematics Olympiad Excellence Guide (for class 1st to 10th) (Rs. 200/-) is not included in the fee.
The print price of the Preparatory Text Book is Rs. 80/-, Sample Question Paper Booklet is Rs. 80/- and Computer Olympiad Excellence Guide is Rs. 280/-.
Payment Mode : For Payment mode in India and Aborad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.