KVPY 2017 Aptitude Test was held for the grant of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship. It is an online examination, which is conducted by IISc, Bangalore. The purpose of the fellowship program is to encourage students towards research in science field.
The KVPY exam was held on November 05, 2017. Candidates studying in 11, 12, or 1st year graduation course may apply under SA, SX, or SB stream, respectively, but only if they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Selected candidates will receive a stipend of Rs. 5000, in first three years, which will eventually increased to Rs. 7000 in the 4th to 5th year. Get here complete details of KVPY 2017 such as date, eligibility, syllabus, application form, admit card, answer key, result, cut off.
|Online application starts from||16 Jul 2017|
|Last date for closing of application form||23 Aug 2017|
|KVPY 2017 Last date for payment of fees||30 Aug 2017|
|Download the Admit card||15 Oct 2017|
|Date of Aptitude test||05 Nov 2017
19 Nov 2017 – Re-test
Exam timings for Stream SA are Forenoon, 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Candidates should report at 8:30 AM.
For Stream SB/SX timings are Afternoon, 2 PM to 5 PM. Candidates should report at 1 PM.
KVPY Fellowship will be awarded only if student opts to study any of the following undergraduate courses in basic sciences.
- Int. M.Sc.
- Int. M.S.
There are three streams to appear in KVPY 2017, namely SA, SX, SB. Students can apply for fellowship aptitude test depending upon class / year in which student is studying in 2017-18 academic session. What they are (SA / SX / SB) and who are eligible for them, are described below. Check KVPY 2017 eligibility criteria before applying.
- Students who are in class 11 in 2017-18 will appear in KVPY SA exam 2017.
- Such candidates must have 75% (65% in case of SC / ST / PwD) aggregate in Mathematics and Science in class 10.
- If a student who appears in KVPY 2017 and becomes a fellowship awardee, then he/she must obtain 60% (50% for SC / ST / PwD) in aggregate in science subjects in class 12 board exam. In interim one year period, awardee is invited to National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp, for which KVPY will meet travel and other expenses.
- Students who are studying in class 12 (science) in 2017-18 will appear for KVPY SX exam 2017.
- In class 10, student must have had 75% (65% in case of SC / ST / PwD) aggregate in Mathematics and Science. In class 12, marks obtained should be 60% (50% for SC / ST / PwD) in aggregate.
- A student from Cambridge International Examination Board 2nd year of study should have 75% (65% for SC / ST / PwD) aggregate in Mathematics and Science in class 10, and 60% (50% for SC / ST / PwD) aggregate in Mathematics, Science in class 12.
- Students in 1st year of UG in basic sciences in 2017-18 will appear for KVPY SB exam 2017.
- They must have had secured 60% (50% for SC / ST / PwD) aggregate in Mathematics and Science in class 12.
- In 1st year final exam they must have 60% (50% for SC / ST / PwD) .
Centers for aptitude test
|Agarthala (Tripura)||Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)|
|Agra (Uttar Pradesh)||Jodhpur (Rajasthan)|
|Ahamedabad (Gujarat)||Kanpur (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)||Kolkata (West Bengal)|
|Ambala (Haryana)||Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Aurangabad (Maharashtra)||Madurai (Tamil Nadu)|
|Belagavi (Karnataka)||Mangaluru (Karnataka)|
|Bengaluru (Karnataka)||Mohali (Punjab)|
|Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)||Mumbai (Maharashtra)|
|Bhubaneshwar (Orissa)||Mysuru (Karnataka)|
|Calicut (Kerala)||Nagpur (Maharashtra)|
|Chandigarh (Chandigarh)||Noida (Delhi-NCR)|
|Chennai (Tamil Nadu)||Pallakad (Kerala)|
|Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)||Patna (Bihar)|
|Dehradun (Uttarakhand)||Pune (Maharashtra)|
|Delhi (Delhi-NCR)||Raipur (Chhattisgarh)|
|Durgapur (West Bengal)||Rajkot (Gujarat)|
|Eranakulam (Kerala)||Ranchi (Jharkhand)|
|Faridabad (Delhi-NCR)||Rourkela (Orissa)|
|Ghaziabad (Delhi-NCR)||Salem (Tamil Nadu)|
|Guwahati (Assam)||Siliguri (West Bengal)|
|Huballi (Karnataka)||Thrissur (Kerala)|
|Hyderabad (Telangana)||Trivandrum (Kerala)|
|Indore (Madhya Pradesh)||Vadodara (Gujarat)|
|Jaipur (Rajasthan)||Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Jalandhar (Punjab)||Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir)||Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)|
Given below are the fellowship grants which will be awarded to the candidates who will be selected for KVPY 2017.
|BASIC SCIENCES||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|During 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc. / B.S. / B.Stat. / B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. / M.S.||Rs. 5000||Rs. 20000|
|During M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. / M.S. / M.Math. / M.Stat.||Rs. 7000||Rs. 28000|
Exam Pattern of KVPY 2017
KVPY 2017 aptitude test will be held as an online exam. Students can take mock test of KVPY to familiarize with computer based test pattern. On launching mock test it shows that before starting test, verify login credentials. IISC / DST does not notify exam pattern separately, however you can get an idea from last year paper. Structure of question paper is likely to be as below.
|Section name||Question number|
|Part 1 Mathematics||1 to 15|
|Part 1 Physics||16 to 30|
|Part 1 Chemistry||31 to 45|
|Part 1 Biology||46 to 60|
|Part 2 Mathematics||61 to 65|
|Part 2 Physics||66 to 70|
|Part 2 Chemistry||71 to 75|
|Part 2 Biology||76 to 80|
SB / SX
|Section name||Question number|
|Part 1 Mathematics||1 to 20|
|Part 1 Physics||21 to 40|
|Part 1 Chemistry||41 to 60|
|Part 1 Biology||61 to 80|
|Part 2 Mathematics||81 to 90|
|Part 2 Physics||91 to 100|
|Part 2 Chemistry||101 to 110|
|Part 2 Biology||111 to 120|
Marking scheme is +1, -0.25, and +2, -0.5. Usually it is +1, -0.25 for Part 1 and +2, -0.5 for Part 2; however one must read instructions before test starts.
The question paper contains multiple choice questions. Each question is followed by 4 responses in serial A, B, C, D. You have to choose the correct response and click your response.
Total test duration is 3 hours.
Calculator will be available in “Resources” dropdown on top right hand side of test screen.
Do not close any window directly when you are taking the test.
Application Form of KVPY 2017
Interested candidates can apply for the examination within given dates. Application form of KVPY 2017 is available on the official website of KVPY at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. The application form can be filled in simple steps which are as follows.
- Candidate should visit the official website at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. Then click on the applications section and fill the registration form and note login credentials.
- After login through user ID and password candidate should fill the application form with the required details such as name, date of birth, class along with stream, nationality, mobile number, email, address. After filling click on submit button.
- Pay application fee using credit card or ATM-debit card, or net banking, or through e-challan.
Application fee is Rs 1000 for general category candidates and Rs 500 for SC / ST / PwD.
Admit Card of KVPY 2017
Candidates are able to generate the admit card after the successful submission of the application form along with the fee. The Admit card of KVPY 2018 is released in the month of October 2018. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
KVPY 2017 Result
The results of written examination and interview round will be declared separately by the authority. Candidates will be able to check their result from the official website at kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. The copy of the result must be preserved by the candidate for the future use.
KVPY 2017 Cutoff
The KVPY 2017 cutoff will be released by the Indian Institute of Science. The cutoff for KVPY will be determined on the basis of minimum qualifying marks and scores obtained by the candidates who appear for the Aptitude Test and Interview. Candidates shortlisted on the basis of KVPY 2017 cut-off will be awarded scholarships/ fellowships. There will be separate cutoffs for written examination and interview, cutoff will be released after the announcement of result of Aptitude test and interview.
The “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” (KVPY) is a program started in 1999 by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India to encourage students who are studying Basic Sciences to take up research career in Science. The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented and motivated students to pursue career in research.
This program aims to assist the students to realize their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is groomed for research and development in the country. Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier. In addition, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
Admissions Based on KVPY Score
If you have any question regarding the exam please comment in the boxes below.