CBSE has announced notification for cancellation of CBSE PSA 2016 for Class 9 and Class 11. CBSE published notification regarding CBSE PSA on 30 Oct 2015 confirming that no PSA exam will be hold for session 2015-2016. Details of the notification are given below.
CBSE PSA 2016
Board has decided to do away with the conduct of CBSE PSA (Problem Solving Assessment) in classes IX & XI from the session 2015-16. Schools are, therefore, advised to conduct FA4 for the students of IX who could not attend assessment or are desirous of improving earlier scores and upload best of their scores (out of PSA or FA4) on CBSE website.
Also, the Board has decided to collect the marks of FAs and SAs in regard to class IX/X separately. The data uploading modules will be accessible through school login as scheduled under
The above dates supersede the dates mentioned in the Circular No. CBSE/COORD/XXII/LOC-2015 dated 9th September, 2015. Link for uploading data will be accessible through School login/password as used during registration for Class IX/XI. Recently affiliated schools should contact the concerned Regional Office of the CBSE for obtaining the password. Data uploading can be done through the CBSE website http://cbse.nic.in
Points to be noted while uploading the marks
- Marks of FAs should be out of 10 and of SAs should be out of 30 only.
- The result data will have to be uploaded using pre-formatted downloadable excel file. The result data file format will be different for each FA and SA and school will be able to upload in file of the marks in chronological order. Detailed instructions will appear after the login window.
- For the students of Board Based SA2, schools are advised to put BC against the Marks field.
- In case the student has passed class IX from a school not affiliated to the CBSE, “DA” Direct Admission in Class X” against the mark of Class IX should be mentioned.
- For Direct admission in class X school should obtain the marks of FAs & SAs of the student awarded by the previous (CBSE affiliated) school and enter the same in the system.
- Grades of Co-scholastic and ASL( assessment in Speaking and Listening) are to be uploaded while uploading marks of SA2.
After uploading the data on the CBSE server print outs of the same duly signed by Principal may be sent to the Deputy Secretary (Confidential) of the Regional Office by Hand/Post in a sealed cloth parcel superscribing ‘CONFIDENTIAL’ with Class/ Term/School No./School name mentioned on it.
CBSE PSA 2015
Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) 2015
The main factor that CBSE aims to access through the PSA Exam is life skills, i.e. those skills which are acquired through direct experience, and are used in daily life to deal with and manage various personal problems and questions. There is no defined list of these life skills and they can be said to include psychosocial skills, interpersonal skills, thinking skills etc.
Click Here for PSA 2014 – 2015 Answer Key (Exam held on 20 Nov 2014)
CBSE, through this test aims to reduce the pressure on the overall assessment of a child purely academic grounds and shift the focus more towards Formative Assessments, as in Class IX and X, it will count towards FA-4. The PSA score will be reflected in one language (English or Hindi), Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Since there is no CCE for Class XII students, students of Class Xi will get a certificate with the score obtained in the PSA test.
Date of Examination: 20th November, 2014 (Thursday)
PSA is objective Test, having Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Thus it will also help students get an idea of how to deal with various other competitive examinations. CBSE has not declared any specific syllabus for the PSA Exam. However they have broadly outlined the three key domains on which the questions are based. The focus on assessing a child’s life skills related to Quantitative and Scientific Reasoning, Qualitative Reasoning and Language Conversion. These three domains are given HERE
- PSA 2015 Question Papers with Answers for Class 11 (Exam held on 20 Nov 2014)
- PSA 2014 Question Papers with Answers for Class 11 – Paper 1 | Paper 2
- PSA 2013 Question Papers for Class 11 (Oct)
- PSA 2013 Question Papers for Class 11 (Official)
- PSA 2015 Question Papers with Answers for Class 9 (Exam held on 20 Nov 2014)
- PSA 2014 Question Papers with Answers for Class 9 – Paper 1 | Paper 2
- PSA 2013 Question Papers for Class 9 (Feb)
- PSA 2013 Question Papers for Class 9 (Official)
Salient features of CBSE PSA will be as follows:
- It will be compulsory for all students of classes IX and XI.
- It will comprise of 60 items of MCQ type and will carry 60 marks.
- The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon.
- The items will incorporate assessment of 21st Century skills such as Creative Thinking, Decision-making, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Communication skills that lead to greater success at higher education as well as real life situations. These items will be assessing students’ ability to process, interpret and use information rather than merely assessing students’ prior subject knowledge.
- The assessment in language will contain items that will assess grammar, usage, vocabulary in context and passage-completion.
- The items will be prepared in Hindi as well as English.
- PSA score will be counted towards FA4 which is 10% of total assessments for class-IX. This score will be reflected equally in one language (English or Hindi), Mathematics, Science and Social Science. Class-XI students will be issued a separate certificate for the same.
- All those students of classes X and XII (who appeared in PSA while studying in classes IX and XI during the previous session) who wish to improve in PSA may be allowed to do so. Related information may be indicated clearly at the time of submission of the List of Candidates for annual examination.
- There will be no separate registration for appearing in PSA.