UPSC NDA (II) is an Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 18 Sept 2016 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 138th Course, and for the 100th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 02 July, 2017. The candidates Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
Latest: UPSC NDA (II) Admit Card 2016 is now available for download. Check ‘Admit Card’ link below
NDA II 2016 Exam for Class 12
A candidate is required to specify Clearly in the NDA Online Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be Considered in the order of his preference. He is also advised to indicate as Many preferences as he wishes to opt. The eligible candidates shall be issued an NDA Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website. Admission to the above courses will be made on the NDA Result of the Written Examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by Intelligence and Personality Test by the Services Selection Board (SSB), of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
Schedule for the NDA II 2016 Exam for Class 12 is given below.
|Online registration starts from||18 Jun 2016|
|Online registration closes on||15 Jul 2016|
|Date of Examination||18 Sep 2016|
List of Rejected Candidates Due To Non-Payment of Fee
List of the candidates rejected due to non payment of fee on time has been announced and uploaded on the official website. Candidates applied for UPSC NDA and NA (II) 2016 are advised to check the list of rejected application on the official website. Direct link to check the list rejected application is also available on this page.
NDA & NA (II) Application Form 2016
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. Candidates will be required to complete the NDA (II) Application Form containing two stages viz. Part-I and Part-II as per the instructions. Before start filling up on NDA / NA Online Application, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned specified format.
- Application process is over…!!!
The Online Applications can be filled upto 15 July 2016 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
Application Fee: The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified in Note-2 of Para 4 of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he submits another/multiple applications, then he must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
Instruction for Filling the online Application Form
- Online submission of application can only be made at website www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available at the site. Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should supply all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign.
- The filling of online application contains two parts.
In Part I registration, candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
- Part-II Registration consists of following Stages.
filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph and Signature and agreeing to declaration.
- Candidate must press “I agree” button after he finds that information supplied by him is in order and no correction is required. Thereafter no correction/modification shall be allowed.
- When “I agree” button is pressed, a page with Registration No. will be generated. Please note down registration number or take a print out of the page. The application is incomplete without payment , selection of centre, uploading of scanned photograph & signature and agreed for declaration.
- Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI portal can go directly during submission of online form.
- Those who are exempted from payment of fee can skip steps 8 to 10.
- On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
- Candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Online Application Form is available in English and in Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
NDA II Eligibility Criteria
Nationality : A candidate must either be : a citizen of India, or a subject of Bhutan, or a subject of Nepal, or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status : Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1998 and not later than 1st January, 2001 are eligible.
Educational Qualifications For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Educational Qualifications For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Physical Standards : Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II).
A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
NDA II Exam Pattern
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :–
|General Ability Test||02||2½ Hours||600|
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
Penalty for wrong Answers: Candidates should note that there will be negative marking for wrong answers marked by the candidate in the objective type question paper.
Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests.
Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of :
- Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth,
- Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion. Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the PABT.
Subject to these conditions the qualified candidates will then be placed in a single combined list on the basis of total marks secured by them in the Written Examination and the Services Selection Board Tests. The final allocation/selection for admission to the Army, Navy, Air Force of the National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be made upto the number of vacancies available subject to eligibility, medical fitness and merit-cum-preference of the candidates. The candidates who are eligible to be admitted to multiple Services/Courses will be considered for allocation/selection with reference to their order or preferences and in the event of their final allocation/ selection to one Service/Course, they will not be considered for admission to other remaining Services/Courses.
Candidates who have been given the Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test (which forms the whole PAB Test) for any previous N.D.A. course should submit their application for this examination for the Air Force Wing only if they have been notified as having qualified in the Pilot Aptitude Test.
The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the Commission at their discretion and the Commission will not enter into correspondence with them regarding the result.
Success in the examination confers no right of admission to the Academy. A candidate must satisfy the appointing authority that he is suitable in all respects for admission to the Academy.
For more detail of UPSC NDA II 2016 Exam for Class 12 – Download Official Notification.