Sainik School Purulia Admission 2017 – Sainik School Purulia (West Bengal) is one of the 24 Sainik Schools in the country and the only English medium residential public school in the state of West Bengal. It was established in the year 1962 under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence for the benefit of the comparatively weaker sections of the society and for the removal of regional imbalances in the officer’s cadres of Defence Services in India.
Applications are invited to the admission in Class VI & Class IX in Sainik School of Purulia on the basis of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination 2017 to be held 15 Jan 2017
Schedule for the AISSEE 2017 is given below.
|Sale of Application Form||17 Oct 2016 to 30 Nov 2016|
|Last date of Receipt of Application form||07 Dec 2016|
|Entrance Exam||15 Jan 2017|
Sainik School Purulia Admission 2017 are done on the basis of All India Sainik Schools Entrance (AISSEE) Examination. Candidates can check complete Information of All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) from the link given below.
List of Candidates Selected & Rejected (Class VI & Class IX )
- List of Candidates Selected (Class VI)
- List of Candidates Selected (Class IX)
- Centre & Programme Details
- List of Candidates Rejected
Filled up Application forms will only be accepted on the deposition of registration charges/fee by Demand Draft in favour of “The Principal, Sainik School Purulia Payable at Purulia”.
Application Process is over now.
Admission to Class VI and Class IX – For Boys only.
- For Def. / General – Rs. 400/-
- For SC / ST – Rs. 250/-
By Post (DD)
- For Def. / General – Rs. 440/-
- For SC / ST – Rs. 290/-
Class VI – Born Between 02 Jul 2006 and 01 Jul 2007
Class IX – Born Between 02 Jul 2003 and 01 July 2004 & passed Class VIII from recognised school at the time of admission.
Medium of Entrance Exam Test : For Class VI English / Bengali / Hindi, for Class IX English only.
Exam Centres : Purulia, Kolkata, Siliguri, Burdwan & Port Blair
Exam Seat Allocation : 67% seats are reserved for candidates of West Bengal Domicile & 33% seats are reserved for other State Candidates. (15% for SC, 7 1/2% for ST and 25% for Defence personnel including Ex-Servicemen in each category). Reserved seats for children in Defence Category in lying vacant will be filled up from the Coastal Guard Applicants.
Old Question Papers : Set for Class VI (Except Test No. 3) for Rs. 25/- and for Class IX Rs. 50/-
- Govt of West Bengal Scholarship : Liberal Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship to all the cadets of West Bengal Domicile is granted by Govt of West Bengal.
- Ministry of Defence Scholarship : Scholarship of Rs. 16000/- to Rs. 32000/- per annum to cadet of Defence Category by MoD of India subject to parents rank.
- Subsidy by Ministry of Defence : Rs. 15000/- (approx) is awarded to all the boys every year to reduce the financial burden of parents.
- NCC Scholarship : Being NCC Cadets, students are eligible for scholarship given by NCC Directorate @Rs. 5,000/- for meritorious students in addition, Sahara Scholarship @Rs. 5000/- is also available to meritorious NCC cadets.
For official Notification – Click here