9th International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) 2015 – 2016
The IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad) is a means to identify and encourage the mathematical creativity of children in schools across India and abroad. The 9th IMO will be on-line exams. Selected students will visit assigned computer centers at allocated time to appear for the exam. Students must report at the exam center at least 30 minutes before commencement of exam. Rough sheets for calculation will be provided in the exam hall. These must be returned to the invigilator before leaving the hall.
|Level 2 Exam||14th Feb, 2016|
|Level 1 Exam||26th Nov 2015, 10th Dec 2015 and 22 Dec 2015 in TN|
How to Apply
Registration of Students : The event is open to the students of classes 1st to 12th and registrations are received from the schools in the prescribed pro-forma. Registration sheet for the school / students and the information booklet are posted to the schools all over India and abroad. Students may register for the IMO through their respective schools only. Direct registrations from students are not accepted.
Roll Numbers : The school’s coordinating teacher will be generating the students’ Roll Numbers as per the guidelines given. A copy of these roll numbers along with the students’ registration and school registration sheet should be sent to the Foundation’s office before the last date.
Fees: A nominal participation fee is charged from each student. Part of it is retained by the school for its expenses as exam centre. Details about the fee / mode of payment etc. are given in the School Registration Forms sent to schools.
The International Mathematics Olympiad invites students from classes 1st to 12th to participate and excel at International level. The competition is in two levels.
Examination Pattern and Scheme
Level 1 : The test is organized in the respective schools of the participants during the school hours.
- The competition is a written objective-type test of 60 minutes duration comprising 35/50 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions.
- The question paper consists questions of Mathematical Ability, Logical and Analytical Reasoning and Everyday Mathematics.
- There are separate question papers for each class.
- The medium of the test is English.
- CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabus is followed for setting the test papers.
- The exam is conducted during school hours.
Level 2: The qualifiers to second round would include the following:
- Top 5% of candidates classwise who appear for the 1st level exam. Due weightage to marks scored in different sections will be given. Each section is accorded separate weightage.
- Statewise top 10 rank holders classwise.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 75% qualifying marks.
2nd level Olympiads will be held for all students who qualify for the 2nd level. The exams will be pen and paper exams with multiple choice questions. There will be no negative marking.
Clarifications: Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc., may be sought from the National Coordinator through e-mail/fax/phone-call at [email protected]
Telefax: 0124-4951200, 09312680857
Address : 3rd floor, Plot No 99, Sector 44
Gurgaon – 122003