Tamil Nadu NTSE 2016 – 2017 for Class X
The State Level National Talent Search Examination for the Academic Year 2016-17 was held on 06 November 2016 for all the students currently studying in Std. X in any recognized school located in the State.
- Scholarship of Rs.1,250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
- Scholarship of Rs.2,000/- per month for Undergraduates and Postgraduates.
- Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Schedule for Tamil Nadu NTSE 2016 – 2017 is given below.
|Start of download the blank Application form||18 Aug 2016|
|Last date for receipt of filled application form along with fee||31 Aug 2016|
Tamil Nadu NTSE Answer key – Official
NTSE 2016-17 stage I answer key has been published on the official website. NTSE 1st level exam for class 10th was held on 06 Nov 2016. Now candidates can check the official answer key for the same through the link provided below.
The Admit Card for the candidate is available online. The candidate may download his/her admit card by putting his/her user name & password as per the schedule date. If any candidate fails to submit required information or deposit required fee, their application will be rejected and no admit card will issued against them.
Admit card process is over…!!!
Application form is now available, interested candidates can fill their application form on or before schedule date. After completion of online submission of particulars in the applications, the Headmaster / The Head of Institution should submit the Summary Report along with the Total Fees in Cash collected from the students to the respective District Educational Officers. The last Date will be intimated later. Submission of application after the last Date will be summarily rejected.
- Download Application Form – Process is over…!!!
Application Fees – Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) in cash per candidate.
How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply for State Level NTS Examination through their school only. The Headmaster / Head of Institution can download sufficient number of blank application forms from schedule date through the website www.tngdc.gov.in or direct link provided above.
- The Headmaster / Head of Institutions should distribute blank application forms to all the X Std., students who are studying in the current academic year.
- With the help of parent / teachers the students should fill up the application forms and return the filled in application forms to the Headmaster / Head of Institution concerned, along with Photo and cash of Rs. 50/- (Fifty only).
Students studying in Class X during 2016-17 in any recognized school are eligible to appear for the examination. The NMMS awardees also are allowed to appear for NTS Examination.
|Test Type||Marks||Items||Duration (in Minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test||50||50||45|
|Language Comprehensive Test*||50||50||45|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test**||100||100||90|
- * Language Comprehensive Test will be held only English
- ** The Question pattern for SAT will be based on the syllabus for Class IX and X prescribed by the STATE, CBSE and ICSE Examination Boards. For SAT paper the number of question allocated for each subject will be as follows: Science – 40, MATHEMATICS – 20, SOCIAL SCIENCE – 40.
As per the last year quota allotted for the State by the NCERT, 220 candidates will be selected in the State Level NTS Examination. Quota allotted to the state is subject to change.
The State reservation policy will be adopted including 3% of physically challenged group of students.
Tamil Nadu NTSE 2015 – 2016 for Class X
Tamil Nadu NTSE Question Paper & Answer Key
NTSE Question Paper 2016 is given below for Tamil Nadu examination
TN NTSE 2016 answer key is given below.
Tamil Nadu NTSE Result
Result of the NTSE 2016 has been announced by SCERT. Candidates can also check their result here through the link provided below.
Get NTSE First Stage Result 2016 here:-
Click here to check NTSE 2016 Result.
Tamil Nadu NTSE Cut Off
Previous Year Cut Off for TN NTSE is given below.