- Entrance Exams
- Schools / Boards
- Talent Search Exams
Importance of Manufacturing
Manufacturing sector is considered the backbone of development in general and economic development.
(i) Manufacturing industries helps in modernising agriculture.
(ii) It reduce the heavy dependence of people on agriculture income by providing them jobs.
(iii) Helps in eradication of unemployment & poverty.
(iv) Helps in bringing down regional disparities.
(v) Exports of manufactured goods expand trade & commerce.
Iron and Steel Industry
Industrial Pollution and Environmental Degradation
Industries contribute significantly to India’s economic growth and development but increase in pollution results in degradation of environment.
Types of Pollution
Control of Environment Degradation
1. Describe the importance of Industries in the Economic development of a country?
2. Why iron and steel industry is called the basic industry?
3. Name the important raw material used in the manufacturing of iron and steel.
4. Critically examine how industries causes the environmental degradation?
5. Suggest some measures to control environmental degradation?
Stay Updated. Get All Information in Your Inbox. Enter your e-Mail below: