- Entrance Exams
- Schools / Boards
- Talent Search Exams
Establishment of democracy in Nepal.
Meaning of the word democracy : – Democracy is the govt of the people, for the people and by the people. The aims of movement for democracy in Nepal : The Nepalese movement for democracy arose with the specific objectives of reversing the kings orders that led to suspension of democracy. Establishment of democracy in Nepal :
All the major parties of parliament formed a seven party alliance. (SPA) and called for a four day strike in Kathmandu, the country’s capital.
1. What was SPA?
2. What was the main demands of people of Nepal?
3. What was the aims of movement for democracy in Nepal?
4. When did the protestors served ultimatum to the king?
5. How was democracy established in Nepal?
Sectional Interest groups and Public Interest Group meaning of Interest
Usually interest groups seek to promote the interests of a particular section or group of society.
Sectional Interest Groups :- They are sectional because they represent a section of society-workers, employees, business, persons, industrialists, followers of religion, caste group etc.
Features : Their principal concern is the betterment and well being of their members, not society in general.
Public Interest Groups : Public interest group promote collective rather than selective goods. They aim to help groups other than their own members.
Example : BAMCEF (Backward and minorities community employees federation).
1. Distinguish between sectional interest groups and public interest groups?
2. Give one example of public interest group?
3. What is public welfare groups?
4. In what ways do pressure groups and movements exert influence on politics.
Stay Updated. Get All Information in Your Inbox. Enter your e-Mail below: