State Level National Talent Search Exam (NTSE) 2015
- Andhra Pradesh State Level NTSE for Class X
- Bihar State Level NTSE for Class X
- Chandigarh State Level NTSE for Class X
- Chhattisgarh State Level NTSE for Class X
- Delhi State Level NTSE for Class X
- Jammu and Kashmir State Level NTSE for Class X
- Jharkhand State Level TEST for Class X
- Himachal Pradesh State Level NTSE (HPTSE) for Class X
- Kerala State Level NTSE for Class X
- Maharashtra State Level NTSE for Class X
- Orissa State Level NTSE for Class X
- Rajasthan State Level NTSE for Class X
- Tamil Nadu State Level NTSE for Class X
- Uttarakhand State Level NTSE for Class X
- West Bengal State Level NTSE for Class X
Examination Subjects : The State Level NTSE will consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 50 multiple choice items on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 45 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
- Language Comprehensive Test (LCT) consists of 40 multiple choice to be answered in 45 minutes. This will be conducted in English and Odia. The candidates will get a choice to appear in only one of the two language.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes.
Syllabus : There is no syllabus for State Level NTS Examination. However, questions will be asked based on syllabi or Classes IX and X.
Selection Procedure : To sit in Stage – II examination of NTS, the cut -off marks will be 40% of marks. For reserved category, this cut-off mark will be 32%. The Merit List will be prepared taking the total marks secured by the candidates.
Information about NTSE
- The Scholarship in Basic Sciences is provided up to PhD level while in professional courses like engineering, medical, law and mgmt scholarship is provided up to post graduation.
- Total Scholarship: 1000
- Scholarship of Rs.1250.00 per month for Class XI and XII & Rs.2000.00 per month for under graduates and post-graduates
- Reservation: 15% for SC, 7.5% to ST and 3% to PH
- State quota is there in the first round while no state quota in the final award of the scholarship . It means for Example around 500 students would be selected for first stage from Maharashtra, but in second stage there is no fix number as selection would be based on merit and not based on states.
- Eligibility: Student of 10th class (this year) in current academic session.
- No domicile certificate required.
- There is Quota of the various states.
- Indian Students Studying Abroad in class X can appear directly for Stage II NTS Examination under conditions prescribed in the NTS brochure which is available on the NCERT website. Candidates may fill up the Application Form, available on the NCERT website and send to the undersigned along with a photocopy of the mark sheet of previous examination as per guidelines by NCERT.