Orissa State Level NTSE 2013 – 2014 for Class X
Applications are invited for State Level National Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 to select 121 candidates for National LevelTalent Search Examination, 2014 from eligible students studying in Class X in recognized schools located in the state of Odisha. State Level National
- CLICK HERE for Odisha National Means Cum Merit (NMMS) 2013 – 2014 for Class VIII
Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 will be held on 17.11.2013 (Sunday) as per details given below.
Examination : National Talent Search Examination, 2013-2014 will be conducted in two stages.
Stage – I : State Level National Talent Search Examination will beconducted on 17.11.2013 (Sunday) for selection of candidates to National Talent Search Examination.
Stage – II : National Level Talent Search Examination will be conducted by NCERT for candidates selected through Stage – I. The National Level written examination will be conducted on 11.05.2014 (Sunday).
Examination Fees : The candidates are not required to pay any examination fee. However, they shall have to bear their own expenses for coming and going to Examination Centre to appear at the examination.
Eligibility : Students studying in Class X during 2013-2014 in recognized schools in Odisha are eligible to appear National Talent Search Examination. They must have passed Class IX Annual Examination securing at least 60% of marks or equivalent (relaxable by 5% for reserved categories). There will be no domicile restriction.
The NTS Awardees of Class VIII can not appear in Class X NTS Examination again. The NMMS Awardees are allowed to appear for NTS Examination.
State Quota for Odisha : 121 candidates will be selected for National Level National Talent Search Examination. Within this quota there will be 15% reservation for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST candidates and 3% for Physically challenged candidates.
Examination Subjects : The State Level NTSE, 2013-2014 will consists of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 50 multiple choice items on reasoning and critical thinking to be answered in 45 minutes. The questions may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
- Language Comprehensive Test (LCT) consists of 40 multiple choice to be answered in 45 minutes. This will be conducted in English and Odia. The candidates will get a choice to appear in only one of the two language.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) consisting of 90 multiple choice items from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics to be answered in 90 minutes.
Syllabus : There is no syllabus for State Level NTS Examination. However, questions will be asked based on syllabi or Classes IX and X.
Selection Procedure : To sit in Stage – II examination of NTS, the cut -off marks will be 40% of marks. For reserved category, this cut-off mark will be 32%. The Merit List will be prepared taking the total marks secured by the candidates.
Scholarship : There are 1000 scholarships for the entire country. Awardees of NTS Examination will receive scholarship of Rs.500.00 per month up to Ph.D. level in Basic Sciences, Social Sciences and Commerce and Post Graduation level in Engineering, Medicine, Management and Law subject to satisfactory of academic progress. Centre for State Level NTS Examination : Government Colleges and Government High Schools located in district headquarters / principal towns will be the Examination Centres.
How to Apply : The candidate / institution can fill up the Online Application Form by logging www.scertorissa.org. After filling up of the Application Form online, he / she is required to take the printout of the same and forward it to the concerned District Education Officer through Head of the Institution. The District Education Officer will allot the Examination Centre, scrutinize and verify all the documents and put the auto generated twelve digit roll number and validate the Online Application Form. The Admit Card will be prepared at TE and SCERT which can be downloaded by the Candidate / Institution for appearing the Examination.
For detailed instruction for filling up of Online Application Form refer to USER MANUAL available in the web-site.
Time Schedule :
- Online filling up of Application Forms by the Head of Institutions By 28.08.2013
- Submission of countersigned hard copies of Application Forms by the Headmasters / Headmistress to the DEOs.By 31.08.2013
- Validation of Application Forms after scrutiny by District Education Officers By 15.09.2013
- Download of Admit Cards by the Heads ofInstitution 15.10.2013 to 25.10.2013
- Despatch of Roll Sheets to the Centres by TE and SCERT By 15.11.2012
- Date of Examination 17.11.2013 (Sunday)
Orissa State Level NTSE 2013 – 2014 for Class X Important Links