Silverzone International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL)
The International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL), a test of competence and knowledge in English Language, is held annually at the national and international levels based on syllabus prescribed by CBSE/ICSE and the State Boards. Detailed syllabus with Sample question paper is provided along with this Information Booklet. Please refer to the Books published by SilverZone for the preparation of iOEL or visit silverzone.org. ESEL recommends the competition for each and every student who is studying English Language as their subject in the school. Detailed syllabus is provided at our website. For details Please follow links the given below.
Silverzone International Olympiad of English Language (iOEL) Quick Links
Fee Structure and Study Material
FOR SCHOOLS OUTSIDE INDIA : The participation fee for the Olympiad is USD$6 per student. The cost of Preparatory Text Book (USD$3), Question paper Booklet (USD$3) and English Olympiad Excellence Guide (USD$10) is not included in the fee.
FOR SCHOOLS IN INDIA :The participation fee for the Olympiad is Rs.120/- per student.
Study Material (For Classes 1st to 10th) :The cost of Preparatory Text Book (Rs.60/-), Question paper Booklet (Rs.60/-) and English Olympiad Excellence Guide (Rs. 200/-) is not included in the fee.
Payment Mode: For Payment mode in India and Aborad, please refer to the ‘School Registration Form’.
About Test Paper
The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted for all classes from 1st to 12th with the following details.
- For Classes 1-2 : There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.
- For Classes 3-12: There will be 40 questions and the duration will be of 60 Minutes.*
The details of the manner in which the test is to be conducted will be sent with the question papers. The questions will be of objective type in nature with multiple choice answers. There is no negative marking. For all classes OMR answer sheets will be provided.
*Time Division: Participants from Class 3rd to 12th will be required to complete the test between a minimum of 40 minutes and a maximum of 60 minutes. Answer sheets cannot be submitted before the completion of 40 minutes. Participants should try to submit the answer sheet, with maximum correct answers, at the earliest after the end of 40 minutes to get the benefit of the third tie-breaker** rule. The invigilator is expected to write the correct time in the appropriate space provided in the answer sheet. As time is the third, not the first/second tie-breaker rule, students are requested to focus on achieving maximum correct answers in an optimum time.
**Tie-breaker: Each question may not carry the same mark. In case of tie-up, preference will be given to the student who has attempted a greater number of questions correctly. The second preference will be given to the following respect: First computer related question and then mental ability, reasoning and Mathematics. The third preference will be given to the student, who has submitted the answer sheet earlier than the other/s. Should the tie-up still exist, a telephonic interview will be conducted with the participants.
Prizes for Students
- Top 2 Students of the 3rd level participants will be sent for educational excursion abroad.
- Olympiad 1st rank holder of 11th and 12th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 51,000/- each.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 6th to10th will be awarded with a Mini Laptop along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 1st Olympiad rank holder from classes 1st to 5th will be awarded with a cash prize of Rs. 10,000 each.
- 2nd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Digicam along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 3rd Olympiad rank holder in each class will be awarded with a Mobile Phone along with a Winner’s Trophy.
- 4th to 10th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with wrist watches.
- 11th to 25th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with exciting Gift.
- 26th to 200th Olympiad rank holders in each class will be awarded with the topper achievement certificate.
- Class Topper 1st, 2nd and 3rd rank holders of every class of each school will be awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals respectively, provided the topper obtains at least 50% marks.
- As iOEL 2014 is being organized at National and International level, due to various reasons, it is not possible to conduct the olympiad on a specific single date. The Informatics Olympiad will be conducted on 28th November 2013 and 10th December 2013. Please decide the date which is suitable to your school.
- You may opt for either 28th November 2013 or 10th December 2013 as your International Olympiad of English Language date. However, for both the dates, last date for registration will remain 30th September 2013 only.
- The Result of the 1st Level will be available at www.Olympiads.asia in the month of January 2014.
- The 2nd Level will be conducted in the month of Jan/Feb 2014. The Awards, prizes and certificates will be sent to the school within 3 to 4 weeks after the declaration of result at our website.
- All the participants will be awarded with the Student Participation Certificate (SPC) .
Level 3: will be conducted in the Month of July/August 2014 at New Delhi.
Venue: The Venue of the 1st and 2nd Level Olympiad will be the school itself; whereas 3rd level will be conducted at New Delhi.
This page is about:online silverzone english books, www silverzone com