CBSE Class X Exam 2014 Scheme of Examination
Scheme of Examination shall be as under:
- There shall be no Board Examination at Secondary(Class X) level w.e.f. 2011 for students studying in the schools affiliated to the Board upto Senior Secondary level and who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X from those schools;
- Students of Senior Secondary Schools who wish to move out of the CBSE system after Class X(for admission to Pre-University, Vocational course, Change of Board etc.) shall be required to take the examination conducted by the Board at Secondary(Class X) level,
- Students studying in schools affiliated to the Board upto Secondary level shall be required to appear in examination conducted by the Board as they shall have to leave the school after Class X
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS – GRADING(SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAMINATION)
- At the Secondary School Examination, assessment of subjects under Scholastic Area A shall be in numerical scores to be converted to Grades on a nine-point scale which shall be indicated in the Statement of Subject wise Performance/Certificate of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation. Assessment in subjects under Scholastic Area B shall also be in grades, as per scheme of studies.
- The qualifying grade in each subject under Scholastic Area A shall be minimum Grade D
- The students will be assessed in subjects under Scholastic Area A using the conventional numerical marking and later converted into the grades and the same shall be awarded as under:
|MARKS RANGE||GRADE||GRADE POINT|
|20 and Below||E2||—|
Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) would also be reflected in the Statement of Subject wise Performance
Note: Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) is the average of Grade Points obtained in all the subjects excluding
6th additional subject as per Scheme of Studies. Grade Point and Percentage of Marks can be assessed as under:
- Subject wise indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 x GP of the subject
- Overall indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 x CGPA
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS (SECONDARY SCHOOL EXAMINATION)
- Assessment in the subjects under Scholastic Area B and co-scholastic areas shall be undertaken by the schools in terms of grades as per the Scheme of Studies
- The evaluation for subjects under Scholastic Area B and co-scholastic areas shall be based on cumulative record of the candidate during his/her continuous assessment in the school.
- Schools are expected to maintain regular records of student’s achievement and progress. These records are subject to scrutiny by the Board when it deems fit.
- Subjects of study under Scholastic Area A shall be assessed jointly by the School and Board. Details of question papers, marks and duration will be as per the Scheme of Studies.