Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 2014
Indian Navy Invites Applications from unmarried male candidate for enrollment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2015 Batch. Course Commencing in Feb 2015
Click Here for Application Form
Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
Educational Qualifications: Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Age: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1994 to 31 Jan 1998 (Both dates inclusive)
Pay & Prequistes
Pay & Allowances
- During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 pm will be admissible on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service.
- On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @Rs 2000/- plus DA
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Office I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs 4800/- Plus MSP @Rs 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper willcomprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only”Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Without Glasses: Better Eye 6/6 Worse Eye 6/9
- With Glasses: Better Eye 6/6 Worse Eye 6/9
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Training and Intitial Engagement
Training: The training for the course will commence in Feb 2015, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable: Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLEdue to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Print out of online application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers willl be rejected.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
- Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/Oct 2014are required to be downloaded from internet site www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. Candidates can be alloted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ arenot matching with original documents, your cadidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test willundergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination(Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review / appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/apeal is permissible.
- The candidates who qualify in all respects will be short listed depending upon vacancies. The select list will be available on websitewww.nausena-bharti.nic.inon 27 Dec 2014. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka.However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/ reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.