CBSE Class X Exam 2015 Scheme of Examination
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Scheme of the Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation shall be as under:
- there shall be no Board Examination at Secondary (class X) level w.e.f. 2009 for students studying in the schools affiliated to the Board who do not wish to move out of the CBSE system after class X;
- students of Schools affiliated to the Board who wish to move out of the CBSE system after class X (Pre-University, Vocational course, Change of Board, etc.) shall be required to take the Board’s External Examination at Secondary (class X) level.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS -GRADING
- At the Secondary School Examination, assessment of subjects under Scholastic Area A shall be in numerical scores to be converted to Grades on a nine-point scale which shall be indicated in the Statement of Subject wise Performance/ Grade Sheet cum Certificate of Performance. Assessment in subjects under Scholastic Area B shall also be in grades, as per Scheme of Studies.
- The qualifying grade in each subject under Scholastic Area A shall be a minimum Grade D.
- The students will be assessed in subjects under Scholastic Area A using the conventional numerical marking and later converted into the grades and the same shall be awarded as under:
|MARKS RANGE||GRADE||GRADE POINT|
|20 and Below||E2||—|
Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) would also be reflected in the Statement of Subject wise Performance / Grade Sheet cum Certificate of Performance.
Note: Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) is the average of Grade Points obtained in all the subjects excluding
6th additional subject as per Scheme of Studies. Subject wise and overall indicative Percentage of Marks can be assessed as under:
- Subject wise indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 x GP of the subject
- Overall indicative percentage of marks = 9.5 x CGPA
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS
- Assessment in the subjects under Scholastic Area A, Scholastic Area B and Co-Scholastic areas shall be undertaken by the schools in terms of grades as per the Scheme of Studies.
- The evaluation for subjects under Scholastic Area B and Co-Scholastic areas shall be based on cumulative record of the candidate during her continuous assessment in the school.
- Schools are expected to maintain regular records of student’s achievement and progress. These records are subject to scrutiny by the Board when it deems fit.
- Subjects of study under Scholastic Area A shall be assessed jointly by the School and Board in respect of students appearing for the examination conducted by the Board. However, in case of students appearing for the Summative Assessment II conducted by the schools, the School will do the assessment. Details of question papers, marks and duration will be as per the Scheme of Studies.