National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) Exam by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)
The first of its kind in the country, the National Cyber Olympiad is now a global search competition that aims at identifying and nurturing cyber talent amongst the youngsters. It is as much about inspiring the younger generation to enhance their knowledge and comprehension of issues related to computers and IT as about testing their aptitude in these streams.
It is an international level competition focusing on Mental Ability, Logical & Analytical Reasoning in computers and IT
Structure and pattern of the examination?
The level-1 competition is a written objective-type test of 60 minutes duration comprising 35 Multiple Choice questions for class 2 to class 4 and 50 questions from class 5 to class 12.
Question paper will have three sections:
Section I – Mental Ability
Section II – Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Section III – Computer and Information Technology
Section IV - Achiever’s Section
Section 1 to 3 Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
Section 4 Class 1 to 4 each correct answer carries 2 mark.
Section 4 class 5 to 12 each correct answer carries 3 marks There is no negative marking.
The National Cyber Olympiad is in Two Levels:
Level 1 : The first level of the test is organized in the respective schools of the participants during the school hours.
- The level 1 competition is a written objective-type test of 60 minutes duration comprising 35 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions for class 2 to class 4 and 50 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions for class 5 to class 12.
- The question paper consists of :
- Mental Ability
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Computer and Information Technology
- There are separate question papers for each class.
- The medium of the test is English.
- CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabus is followed for setting the test papers.
- The exam is conducted during school hours.
Level 2 : The qualifiers to second round would include the following:
- Top 5% students who appear for the 1st level exam from each class
- State wise top 10 performing students from each class.
- Topper of each class where at least 10 students have appeared for the exam
Clarifications : Any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc., may be sought from SOFs’ office through Phone, fax or e-mail at [email protected]
Registered Office: B-8 / 406, Taj Apts., Ring Road, New Delhi-110029
Admin Office: Plot No 99, Sector 44, Gurgaon – 122003
1. First Level Prizes:
- Participation Certificate to every student.
- School Topper Medal - Where more than 10 students from one class write SOF’s Olympiad exam.The top 3 rank holders from that class will be awarded gold, silver and bronze medals respectively. Where between 5 to 9 students from a class write the SOF’s Olympiad exam –The top rank holder from that class will be awarded a gold medal.
- Performance Report for each participating School & student
2. Second Level Prizes:
|INTERNATIONAL AWARDS FOR STUDENTS|
|CLASS 1 TO 12|
|1st||Rs 50,000 each + Gold Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|2nd||Rs 25,000 each + Silver Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|3rd||Rs 10,000 each + Bronze Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|STATE AWARDS FOR STUDENTS|
|CLASS 1 TO 6|
|1st||Gold Medal* + Gifts Worth Rs. 1000/-|
|2nd||Silver Medal* + Gifts Worth Rs. 1000/-|
|3rd||Bronze Medal* + Gifts Worth Rs.1000/ -|
|Rank 4 to 25||Gifts Worth Rs. 1000/-|
|CLASS 7 TO 12|
|1st||Rs 5,000/ – each + Gold Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|2nd||Rs 2500/ – each + Silver Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|3rd||Rs 1000/ – each + Bronze Medal*+ Gifts Worth Rs 1,000/-|
|Rank 4 to 25||Gifts Worth Rs. 1000/-|
|* Medals are plated Gold / Silver / Bronze as applicable|
Student should correctly fill in marks obtained in his/her previous year’s exams in the OMR sheet. Incorrect or incomplete information may lead to disqualification of the child from being ranked. Sample OMR sheet is available on this site and has also been sent to schools.
SPR (School Cyber Performance Report) Report for every participating School Principal/Management and HOD of computer department /computer teachers of the school.
The Report contains the details of student performance.
- Total Score
- School Rank
- City Rank
- State Rank
- International Rank
B. Question wise correct answer keys and comparison with the answers given by student.
C. Topic wise performance of the student with relative strengths / weaknesses.
D. Past 4 years performance / ranking in the NCO exam.