- Entrance Exams
- Schools / Boards
- Talent Search Exams
Subject: Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) for Class IX and Class XI w.e.f. 2012-13
This has reference to Board’s Circular Nos. Acad-40/2012 for Class IX and Acad-41/2012 for Class XI dated 01.08.2012 available on Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in related to conduct of Problem Solving Assessment (PSA) for Class IX and Class XI w.e.f. 2012-13.
The Salient features of the scheme are :
It is mandatory for all students of Class IX and Class XI to appear in Problem Solving Assessment (PSA).
2. There is no specific syllabus for `Problem Solving Assessment’ . It will assess the Life Skills relating to following areas:-
3. The Life Skills shall be assessed within the following domains:
4. There will be 60 items of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and carry 90 marks. Distribution of 60 items shall be as follows :
|Test Context Domain/ Item Type||No of Items||Sub-Total|
|Qualitative Reasoning :i) Stand alone MCQsii) Passage based MCQ Set #1iii) Passage based MCQ Set #2||666||18|
|Quantitative Reasoning :i) Stand alone MCQsii) Passage based MCQs Set #1iii) Passage based MCQs Set #2||1044||18|
|Language Conventions :i) Grammar & Usage MCQsii) Vocabulary in Context based MCQsiii) Passage completion based MCQs||888||24|
5. The items will incorporate aspects of 21st Century Skills (Creative Thinking, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Communication) that lead to success at Secondary Stage. They would be assessing student’s ability to process, interpret and use information rather than assessing student’s prior subject matter knowledge.
6. The items in Problem Solving Assessment’ will be designed in such a way so as to improve the generic and higher order thinking skills. This will also result in improving scores within the core school subjects.
7.(a) For Class IX :
(b) For Class XI :
8. There will be no separate time tables or periods for teaching or practice of PSA in schools.
9. The Question Paper containing OMR Answer Sheet shall be supplied by the Board.
Conduct of Examinations for Class IX and Class XI :
It is compulsory for all students enrolled in the school in Class IX and Class XI for academic session 2012-13 to appear in Problem Solving Assessment (PSA).
1. The examination shall be held on 14th
2. The examination shall be conducted in the school Feb., 2013 (Thursday) from 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM
3. Candidate shall appear against their Registration No.
4. The following shall be supplied by the Board :
The Question Paper containing OMR Answer Sheet
5. At the end of examination, school shall send the following in sealed cover to the Regional Officer :
You are requested to disseminate this information to all concerned.
CBSE CLASS XI Sample Papers 2013
CBSE CLASS IX Sample Papers 2013
PSA Frequently Asked Questions