While filling the application form, candidates will be required to attach the following documents with the application form. Do not submit Application Form for Admission without supporting documents. The learner is not required to send/submit the hard copy of the form and the documents but it is mandatory to upload the required documents online. If required by NIOS management or if any other discrepancy is found in the submitted online application form/documents, the learner shall be required to submit the printed application form along with the documents and photograph. This requirement will be communicated to him/her through email and SMS. Candidates can check complete details on NIOS Admission 2019 – 20 Documents Required from below.
NIOS Admission 2019 – 20 Documents Required
After successful verification of the documents, admission fee and the information submitted by the learner while registration, his/her admission will be confirmed and an Enrolment Number will be generated. Appropriate communication will be sent to the learner through email and SMS after the admission is confirmed by NIOS management.
The learner has to be ready with the scanned copy/soft copy (jpg, jpeg files) of the below documents which will be required to be uploaded while registering for the Admission to Secondary and Senior Secondary courses:
- Recent Passport size color Photograph
- Signature (preferably in Black Ink)
- Valid identity proof (like Aadhaar Card or Passport or Ration card etc.)
- Valid proof of Date of Birth (like Aadhaar Card with date of birth printed on it in the dd/mm/yyyy format, Birth Certificate etc.)
- A valid proof of Residence (like Aadhaar Card with complete address printed on it, valid Passport etc.)
- Address proof i.e. Aadhar Card/Water Bill/Electricity Bill/Voter ID/Ration Card/Indian Passport/Statement of Operational Bank Account/Appointment Letter from the Employer on Printed Letter Head, if living in rented accommodation – copy of any proof of permanent address along with present Rented Agreement
- Class 8th marksheet or Self Certificate (in case of secondary course). Class 10th marksheet (in case of senior secondary course)
- Social Category/Caste Certificate (in case the learner belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category).
- Ex-serviceman Certificate (in case he/she is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability Certificate (in case he/she is having any kind of disability)
- Fail marksheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (ToC) marks will not be updated in NIOS result. If ToC Board marked with (*Other) is selected then the Result should be available on the concerned Board Website else Learner has to submit result verification letter from concerned Board as per NIOS norms.
Essential Supporting Documents for Date of Birth
For Secondary Course
- Attested copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or District Office of the Registrar of Birth and Deaths for those born on or after January 26, 1989. OR
- Attested copy of Passport Issued by Govt. of India OR
- Original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate showing applicant’s date of birth, issued by the school last attended by the applicant. In case of Govt. schools, the transfer certificate/school leaving certificate should be signed by the Principal while in the case of Private schools, it should also be countersigned by the competent education authority of the State/or District Education Officer. OR
- Attested copy of Aadhaar Card issued by the Agency of Govt. of India
For Senior Secondary Course
- Attested copy of the Certificate of Matriculation/ Secondary Examination having a record of the Date of Birth. (No other proof of age will be accepted for Sr. Secondary admission).
Proof of Residence
Proof of residential address is essential for all. Attach a copy of any one of the follwing:
- Ration Card, or Aadhar Card, or Appointment Letter from the Employer on Letter Head, or water/telephone/ electricity bill/statement of running bank account or income tax assessment order/ Election Commission’s Voter Identity Card, Parents Passport in case of minor.
- For an applicant living in a rented accommodation, any proof of permanent address along with any proof of present rented accommodation will be accepted.
- For applicant belonging to the category of street children/destitute/migrants/slum dwellers/orphans not having any residential address of his/her own at present will have to furnish a self certificate stating the category (mentioned above) and certify that he/she do not have own residential address. However for the purpose of correspondence with NIOS, such candidate will have to furnish a contact address. The self certificate has to be countersigned by the sponsoring Guardian including NGO/Orphan Home and attested by a Govt. Servant/ Panchayat level Official/Nagar Nigam Officer/Block level Officer/District level Officer or higher level Officer. Both the sponsoring and the attesting authorities are required to furnish complete name, designation and address with their official stamp.
Supporting Documents required from the Exempted Categories
|Category||Supporting Documents required|
|SC/ST learners||Copy of certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner, or Magistrate or Commissioner SC/ST duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.|
|Ex-servicemen||A certificate from the Employer in original.|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD||A certificate in original from a Govt. Hospital, and not from a private nursing home, clearly indicating nature and extent of disability.|
- Admission Forms received without required supporting documents will be rejected and fee will not be refunded.
- In case the Secondary level examination is not passed from a recognised Board, admission at Sr. Secondary level will not be considered.
- In case the candidate possesses a High School/Secondary Certificate from any Foreign Board/University and want to take admission in the Senior Secondary course of NIOS, he/she will be required to attach a certificate from the concerned Embassy and Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to the effect that the examination passed by him/her is equivalent to the Indian High School/Secondary Examination.
- If a learner has been debarred by any other Board for using unfair means at any stage, he/she will not be eligible for admission in NIOS.
- In case a candidate conceals some requisite information, the information, his/her admission will be cancelled, even at later stage.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.