NIOS 2019 Public Exam: The Public Examinations are held twice in a year in the months of April-May and October/November on the dates fixed by the NIOS. However, learner is also eligible to appear through On Demand Examination System (ODES) at the Secondary Level and the Senior Secondary level in those subjects only in which the learner has taken admission in NIOS. The Govt. of India has vested in NIOS the authority to conduct Public Examinations and provide the Secondary and the Senior Secondary level certificates, which are equivalent to the certificates provided by any other Board of School Education.
The learners appearing in external public examination/ODES will be required to produce the Identity Card issued by NIOS at the time of appearing in examinations failing which they will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
NIOS 2019 Public Exam
A learner has the option to change in one or more subjects, provided the total number of subjects does not exceed seven. However, such a change is permissible within four years of registration, so that learner can appear in the Public Examination within the validity period of admission. No change/addition of subjects is allowed in the first examination. Subjects already passed cannot be changed. For appearing in NIOS examination, the learner must register himself/herself by filling up the Examination Formby paying requisite examination fee as per schedule given below through concerned Study Centres (AIs).
20% weightage of theory is given to Internal Assessment. The public examination covers remaining 80% of weightage of theory. The result of those learners who do not submit the Assignments is declared on the basis of Public Examination.
Important Information – On Line Admission
|Study Material Either download from the website or send the requisition to NIOS|
|Personal Contact Programme (PCP) No Personal Contact Programme (PCP)|
|Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) No TMA|
|Practicals No Practicals|
|Practical Exam Will be conducted At the allotted AI (Study Centre) – For Stream 2
Forthcoming October Examination – For Stream 2
- For Stream 2 the learner can take any subject offered by NIOS in place of Physical Education or the subjects which are not listed in the NIOS.
- Data Entry Operations in place of Informatics Practice
On-line admission is open for all those learners who had appeared in the Public Examination of Secondary/Senior Secondary Levels from any recognized Examination Board but could not clear or who were eligible but could not appear in the Public Examination of Secondary/Senior Secondary Levels from any recognized Examination Board.
The learner can register for Public Examinations online also. The examination fee can be paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking orthrough Bank Draft drawn in favour of “Secretary, NIOS” payable at the concerned Regional Centre within a week from the date of the submission of Online Application Form.
Procedure for Registration through AIs (Study Centres)
- To register for the Public Examination of NIOS being held in April-May and October-November, you have to go to your AI within the prescribed time schedule.
- Fill up the Examination Form and deposit it with the Coordinator of your AI along with the prescribed examination fee as mentioned in Table-7, within the prescribed dates in person or through yourrepresentative.
- The Examination Form is attached with the Prospectus, a photocopy of which may be used for subsequent examinations. It can also be obtained from your Study Centre (AI) free of cost or learner can download it from NIOS website.
- The learner must fill up the correct codes of the subjects (learner wishes to appear) in the Examination Form. The learner can register for examination only in those subjects which learner had selected at the time of admission or eligible otherwise. Do check the subject codes learner has filled in the Examination Form carefully.
- The learner are not allowed to deposit the examination fee at AI other than the AI alloted to his/her. If he/she deposits the examination fee in an AI other than the one allotted, you may not be allowed to take the examination.
After the prescribed dates, a learner still has opportunity to register by paying the requisite examination fee along with consolidated late fee of Rs. 1500/ . This payment will be accepted through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking or a Bank Draft drawn in favour of the “Secretary, NIOS”, payable at the concerned Regional Centre upto 20th January forApril-May examination and the 20th July for October-November examination. There will be no registration for the examination thereafter.
Correction in the Results
Accredited Institute (i.e., the Study Centre) will display of results of Public Examinations. In case of a discrepancy in the result of an Public, the learner may apply for correction to the Regional Director of his/her region within 30 days from the declaration of results. No request for correction in the results will be entertained thereafter. The proforma for application for correction in the record is available on NIOS website under Student Information Section.
Examination Fee and Other Miscellaneous Fee
In case the learner passes in additional subject(s) or in case of improvement of performance in one or more subjects, no fresh Migration or Pass Certificate will be issued. The learner will be issued only a Marksheet. No Migration Certificate will be issued to learners unless they complete their courses of study.
Issue of Marksheet and Certificate for Public Examination
The learner shall receive a Marksheet on declaration of result through his/her AI. Provisional and Migration Certificate will be issued to successful learners only. The Pass Certificate will be issued in about six months after declaration of the result.
In order to pass in a subject and get a certificate of Secondary/Senior Secondary courses, the criteria laid down by NIOS are given below:
|Course||Pass Criteria in a Subject||Certification Criteria|
|Secondary Course||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate (Theory plus practical wherever applicable) in the Public Examination. The maks obtained in Internal Assessment will be shown separately in the Mark Sheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages|
|Senior Secondary Course||A minimum of 33% marks in the aggregate as well as separately in theory and practicals in the Public Examination. The maks obtained in Internal Assessment will be shown separately in the Mark Sheet.||Pass in 5 subjects including at least one but not more than two languages|