IJSO 2020 Registration: The exam which is supposed to be held in Frankfurt on December 2020 has been Canceled. Students not older than 15 years are eligible to take the exam. The candidates cannot apply individually, only team registration applications are considered. For more details about how to apply for IJSO 2020 registration and pre-registration, keep reading this page.
Latest: IJSO 2020 in Frankfurt December has been canceled.
IJSO 2020 Registration
Only those countries, which have participated in one or more earlier IJSOs may register using the login ID and password sent to the IB member. The first-time participants have to submit their request and obtain password for pre-registration by sending an application to their country specific website. The important dates regarding IJSO 2020 registration are mentioned below. Candidates can check for the same.
|Pre Registrations start||15 Apr-15 Feb 2020|
|Registration||01 Jul-30 Sep 2020|
Apply Here: IJSO 2020 pre-registration and registration can be done as per schedule from ijsoweb.org.
IJSO 2020 Frankfurt Canceled
IJSO 2020 Participation Fee
The teams need to pay participation fee in order to be able to participate in the events of IJSO 2020. There is a participation fee for each team, observer, visitor and additional fee for single rooms. Note that these fee are as per last year.
- Participation fee for national team , whether full (6 students) or minimum (3 students) is US$ 800.
- For each observer, participation fee: US$ 1200 (1st till 3rd observer) and US$ 1500 (4th observer onwards).
- Participation fee for each visitor is US$ 1600.
- For leaders and observers, an additional fee of US$ 900 per person has to be paid for a single room.
Mode of Payment: Last year, the fee had to be transferred to the designated bank account indicated in the invoice sent to all participating countries.
IJSO 2020 Eligibility
The candidates can check the eligibility conditions that need to be fulfilled from below. Failing these eligibility restrictions, the students would be deemed ineligible for IJSO 2020.
- Age: The age of the participants should not be more than 15 years.
- The candidates must hold a valid passport of the respective country or must be in the education system of that country for at least one academic year.
- A normal team consists of six students and three leaders. If a normal team cannot be fulfilled, a minimum team of three students and one leader is allowed to participate in IJSO. Teams consisting of less than three members do not qualify for team awards.
- Participants are not allowed to use their own collection of formulae from mathematics, chemistry, physics, etc. during the competition.
- Each participating country that has either participated with a team or sent an observer to the IJSO in one of the previous two years, is invited to send a delegation of six students and three team leaders.
How to Apply for IJSO 2020?
The registrations for IJSO will have to be made on the official website of IJSO. The step-wise instructions for IJSO 2020 registration are given below. Go through the instructions carefully to register for the international level olympiad.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the International Junior Science Olympiad. The direct link is also provided above on this page.
Step 2: Submit the request for participation to country specific olympiad website, if applying for 1st time ever for IJSO. This is required to be done to obtain the password for pre-registration. The Indian teams can submit the participation request on olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in.
Step 3: Upon receiving the password, proceed to the pre-registration portal on ijsoweb.org. Submit details by logging in using the password obtained.
Step 4: Proceed to final registration of the full team and for adding information of the participants, before the specified deadline.
About the Exam
IJSO (International Junior Science Olympiad) is an international level olympiad that tests the students on their basic concepts in the field of Natural Sciences. Delegations from around 70 countries take part in the IJSO exam. The exam in conducted in 3 stages: firstly, there is a multiple-choice type objective test followed by a theoretical test. Finally, a practical test takes place. First 2 stages are individual events, however, the practical test is a team event. Medals are awarded to the meritorious teams and individuals along with participation certificates at the closing ceremony.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.