Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) flagged off the year 2020 board exams last Saturday. The class 10th board exams will go on until March 20, 2020, and that for class 12th shall be up until March 30, 2020. As a testament to its popularity, a total of 30 lakh students have enrolled this year for the board exams. To put things into perspective, the board has provided an exact breakup of the number of candidates.
Number of students appearing in CBSE 2020
This year, there are a total of 1889878 number of candidates in Class 10th and 1206893 candidates in Class 12th. Among the students who have registered for class 10 exam, 7,88,195 are girls, 11,01,664 are boys and 19 are transgender. Whereas, for Class 12th, there are a total of 5,22,819 are girls, 6,84,068 are boys, and 6 students are transgender.
Recommended: CBSE Class 10 Sample Papers 2020
CBSE is conducting the exam at 5375 exam centers for Class 10th and 4983 for Class 12th. This year, a total of 20398 schools are for Class 10th and 13119 for Class 12th.
As per the information provided by CBSE, there are a total of 23844 candidates in Class 10 and 16103 in Class 12 appearing from foreign schools. Out of these many, about 23755 candidates are registered for Class 10 and 15980 for Class 12 from private schools whereas 89 candidates in class 10 and 123 candidates in Class 12 are appearing from Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Recommended: CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers 2020
Exemptions in Board Exams 2020 by CBSE
CBSE provides exemption / relaxation to some candidates. These are:
Exemptions for special candidates
- Exemptions are being provided to special candidates / Children With Special Needs in accordance with Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016. This year, all the candidates already registered under CWSN Category are allowed to use simple basic calculator for Class X & XII Examinations 2020.
Must Read: Model Answer Sheets of Toppers of CBSE!
Relaxations to the wards of Armed Forces and Para-Military personnel martyred in the line of duty
In the year 2019, in view of Pulwama attack, CBSE extended the following relaxation to the wards of Armed Forces and Para-Military personnel martyred in the line of duty during this period:
- Change in exam center in the same city or other city.
- Practical exam if missed by a candidate will be allowed by April 02, 2020 as per their convenience.
- They can appear in the exam in any offered subject later if they need so.
New Additions and Arrangements by CBSE for Class 10th and 12th Board Exams
Elaborate arrangements have been made by CBSE for the smooth conduct of the exams. Some of these include:
- Special arrangements are made for students with benchmark disability.
- Two (02) new portals have been developed to ensure rapid communication with schools and regional offices.
- For safe collection of answer sheet / question paper and other materials, photo tagging of custodian and center superintendent has been added with the image of center material.
- A QR code has been added in the CBSE admit card for Class 10th and 12th.
- This year, the number of encrypted questions papers have been increased from 19 to 50.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.