Now that you are just one day away from the CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam which is to be held on the 12th of March 2020, your first and foremost task of the day should be to revise all the formulae from all the chapters by heart. Next you should practice your NCERT examples from the book again and again.
Whilst all your preparation, you also need to remember that silly mistakes can be your worst enemies for the board examination and you need to avoid them anyhow. Here are some tips and steps you can use to do so.
>> Important! CBSE Class 10 Maths Sample Paper 2020 <<
What are silly mistakes?
Whereas practice makes every student perfect in maths, silly mistakes are those that you commit on the day due to carelessness. Such as you may pick up a wrong figure or sign, make small errors in calculation that pile up to incorrect results, and so on! So basically if you know the right approach to the question, remember all the formula for it, and then you make a silly mistake you lose marks. But if you can overcome that, you get a lot of marks!! 100% is not far away!
How To Avoid Silly Mistakes In CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam 2020?
Many students loose their marks in the mathematics examination because of common silly mistakes like doing the calculation wrong, skipping a step or just replacing the formulae with one and another. Maths is a huge task to contain for 99% of the students out there which is why they make these mistakes out of fear. But How To Avoid Silly Mistakes In CBSE Class 10 Maths Exam? Well glide below and learn these steps on your fingertips.
#1 Try to understand why each step in formula is crucial!
In case you have developed a habit of mugging down the formula, then you might forget one or the other step which might end up in a wrong answer and thus the loosing of marks. So study, the formulae really carefully and understand as to why each and every step is important. This way, you will not forget the same.
#2 Do not hurry up! Read each and every question properly!
Most students read the number wrongs from the question and then jot the wrong answers. This is perhaps the most common silly mistake people make. Hence, your first and foremost task on the seeing the question paper should be to read it very carefully in the first 15 minutes and while attempting the respective question.
#3 Please revise your answer sheet before handling it to the invigilator
Students you need to divide your time in a such way that you also get at least 5-7 minutes to have a thorough reading of your answer sheet. You can pick out the silly mistakes by proofreading your paper once.
#4 Do not be nervous while attempting the paper
A very important thing is to tackle the paper in a confident way. If you are feeling nervous or are worried in the first place, you will surely not be able to answer the questions rightly even if you have prepared for them.
Study Resources for Maths Exam
- CBSE Topper Answer Sheet for Class 10 Board Exam 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
- Class 10 Maths Most Important Questions, Theorems To Revise For 80 Out of 80 in CBSE Board Exam 2020
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Sample Paper 2020 Available For Basic and Standard – Download PDF
- What will be the difference between Standard and Basic Mathematics papers?
#5 Write correct ques no in front of the answer
Students should also keep in mind that they should mention the correct question number infront of the correct answer so as to avoid confusion. Many examiners cut marks for these silly mistake as well and hence it should be avoided at all cost.
#6 Be attentive during calculations
Lack of attention is the biggest hurdle that comes in the way of calculations. Hence, slow down, read and then calculate efficiently. Following this step will save you a lot of marks for sure.
10 Bonus tips to avoid silly mistakes in maths exam
- Plus or minus? Read the sign in front of the number carefully!
- Do not skip steps. You may be in a hurry. But “durghatna se der bhali!”
- Getting lost in too many steps in a question? Please look into it again. Sometimes we overcomplicate a problem.
- Recheck your calculations. There is no shame in admitting that you did 1+1=3, if you catch your mistake in the right time!
- Do small checks in middle of the steps. Angles in a triangle not adding up to 180? Go back to step 1!
- If you have a gut feeling that something is wrong, chances are that something is wrong. Your subconscious brain often picks up your follies much before you consciously do. So listen to your heart.
- How may decimal places should you write your answer to? Check the instructions set in the question paper. Usually board tells this in the guidelines.
- Of all the papers, maths is THE ONE where you must revise your answers. Try to keep 20-25 minutes for this.
- There are often options in a question. Make sure that you are not answering more than required.
- Remember the joke where a student was shocked to hear from his friend that there was a back side to the paper too? Well don’t let that happen with you. Check that you are answering all questions.
AGLASEM CBSE BOARD EXAM 2020 SOLVED PAPERS
- CBSE Class 10 Sanskrit 2020 Solved Paper
- CBSE Class 10 Science Solved Paper 2020
- CBSE Class 10 English Board Exam 2020 Solved Question Paper
- CBSE Class 10 Information Technology Question Paper with Answers | Code 402
Importance of rough work in maths paper
You absolutely must worship your rough work space. Please do not take this lightly – your marks get decided by what you do in your rough work in maths exam. The tiniest mistake there leads to loss of huge marks in the paper.
A. For small calculations, you can make a margin on the side of the paper and do rough work there. But neatly mark this area as rough work, draw line using a scale.
B. For larger calculations, dedicate one side of the paper for rough work. (PS Do check the rules of the board regarding this. Your teachers can help you out in knowing beforehand about this). If you are using one full page for rough work, mark it neatly as rough work. Also, do not assume that teacher will know which page is rough work and which is your answer. The paper checkers have less time to mark so many answer sheets, you need to have a good presentation in your paper to ensure the checker knows which is where.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.