Held on the 18th March 2020, the CBSE 10th Social Science board exam 2020 now stands over. The examination started at 10:30 am to 1:30 pm pan India amid the COVID-19 scare. The maximum marks one can score in the exam is 80 and the exam was divided into 4 sections namely which are A,B,C and D. Students who are searching for the answers of the questions must clearly check their respective set code first and then download the solutions from this page. Also note that, these answers are for reference, please also keep your NCERT textbook beside you while self evaluating. Check more details below.
How was your exam? Check out the student reactions and analysis here.
CBSE 10th Social Science Solved Papers 2020
Qs 1. Who among the following was proclaimed as the first German Emperor in 1871?
- William I
- William II
- Friedrich Wilhelm I
- Friedrich Wilhelm IV
Answer 1. (C) Friedrich Wilhelm I
Qs 2: Why were some of the Muslim political organisations in India lukewarm in their response to the Civil Disobedience Movement? Give the main reason.
Answer 2. After the Khilafat movement, many Muslims felt alienated from Congress because they were becoming closer to Hindu nationalist groups like Hindu Mahasabha. Some important account on it is given below:
- Communal clashes and riots between Hindus and Muslims increased the distance and differences between the two.
- In 1927s, Congress and Muslim League tried to make an alliance. Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted Muslim reservations in Central Assembly and representation in proportion to the population in Bengal and Punjab.
Qs 3. Why were manuscripts not widely used in India before the age of print?
Answer 3. The following are the reasons why the manuscript was not used widely in India before the age of print:
- In India, manuscripts were written on palm leaves or on handmade paper before the age of print.
- It could not serve the growing demand for copies; copying was an extensively expensive laborious and time-consuming task.
Qs 4. Who was the author of ‘Hind Swaraj’?
Who was the author of the novel ‘Anandmath’?
Answer 4. Mahatma Gandhi
Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
Qs 5. Fill in the blanks:
Young Italy was formed by …………..
Answer 5. Giuseppe Mazzini
Qs 6: ‘Vellum’ is
- Printing on palm leaves
- Printing on paper
- A parchment made from the skin of animals
- Printing on cloth
Answer 6. (C) A parchment made from the skin of animals
Qs 7: Who among the following said that “Printing is the ultimate gift of God and the greatest one”?
Answer 7. (C) Martin Luther
Qs 8: Fill in the blanks of the following table with suitable information :
Answer 8 :
|Renewable Resources||Solar and Wind energy|
|Non – Renewable Resources||Mineral and Fossil fuels|
Qs 9: Name of the sea-port that was developed to relieve growing pressure on the Mumbai port.
Name of the sea-port that was developed to relieve growing pressure on the Kolkata port.
Answer 9: Jawaharlal Nehru port
Qs 10: In which of the following States is Narora Nuclear Power Plant located?
Answer 10: (D) Uttar Pradesh.
Qs 11. Choose the correctly matched pair from the following :
- Kalol Oil-fields – Gujrat
- Bauxite Mines – Maharashtra
- Chandrapur Thermal Power Plant – Odisha
- Mayurbhanj Iron Ore Mines – Jharkhand
Answer 11. (B) Bauxite Mines – Maharashtra
Qs 12. Fill in the blanks :
‘Gobar gas Plants’ provide twin benefits to the farmers in the form of _________ and ______.
Answer 12. Manure, Energy / Biogas
Qs 13. Which of the following is the majority group in Sri Lanka ?
Answer 13. (C) Sinhalese
Qs 14. Why is power sharing desirable? Explain one reason.
Why is there a need to give space to diverse social groups in the administration of a democratic country ? Give any one reason.
Answer 14. Power-sharing is the need for democracy to make prudential and moral decisions. It helps in reducing the possibility of conflict between the social groups
The Power-sharing is desirable because of the following reasons.
- It is a good way to ensure the stability of political order as social conflict often leads to violence and political instability.
Power may be shared among different social groups such as the religious and linguistic groups and one reason is It helps in achieving the stability of political order.
Qs 15. Under which of the following is power shared in the ‘Community Government’ of Belgium?
- Different social groups
- Different organs of government
- Central and State government
- State government and Community government
Answer 15. (C) Central and State government
Qs 16. “Caste system is still prevalent in the Indian society.” Suggest anyone measure to abolish it.
“Sometimes elections are all about caste in India.” How can this situation be avoided?
Qs 17. Choose the correctly matched option from the following.
Column I (Category of Person) Column II (Development Goal)
- Farmers who depend only on – More days of work and better wages
rain for growing crops
- Landless rural labourers – Higher support prices for their crops
- Prosper farmers from Punjab – Regular Wages
Exam Solutions Videos
Social science Class 10 Question paper 2020 | Answers | Set 1 | Set 2 | Set 3 | Cbse board exam 2020 by Students Life
Class 10 SST Paper Solution 2020 | Class 10 SST Paper 2020 | SST Class 10 2020 by Magnet Brains
Class-10 social science solved question paper CBSE board exam 2020 | solved paper of social science by PS CLASSES POONAM SANJAY CLASSES
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Solve Paper 2020 Set 2 | CBSE Social Science Paper Solution 2020 Std 10 by J K Sinha Mathematics Classes
49-Marks Confirm | Social Science Class 10 | Board 2020 by EDUCATIONAL GURU ONLINE VIDEOS FOR STUDENTS
class 10 social science paper solution 2020 set 1 answer key and full analysis code 32/4/1 cbse by raceva academy
Social Science | Class 10 | Objectives Solution | CBSE Boards | Set 2 | Code: 32/4/2 | by Ayush Sharma Official 5.5
Cbse Social Science paper Solution 2020 |Cbse Class10th Social study Solution 2020 |SST.SOLUTION 20 by Abhi Update
CBSE Class 10 Social Science Solve Paper 2020 | CBSE board class 10 social science solve paper by Ankit Informer
cbse 10th sst all set objective answers by CWEH ONLINE STUDY SUPPORT
Social Science Class 10 CBSE board class 10 solution set 1,SET 2,SET 3 by study hunt guide
More answers to the question paper will be available soon. Stay tuned!
Exam Analysis and Student Reactions
With only a 1 paper left for the Class 10th Boards to end, students were seen coming out of the examination hall with a speck of smile on their faces. Most students talk to each other to tally the answers of the questions because they want to verify the correct supposition of their answers. That is not a smart move and also might confuse you. Hence, always check your NCERT or check with the question paper with answer of all sets given in the CBSE 10th Social Science solutions below.
What all do I need to check my answers!
- Marking Scheme of Social Science Class 10th
- Exam Pattern of CBSE Class 10th
- Your NCERT Social Science Text Books
Exam Pattern of Class 10th Social Science
It is very important that you check out the exam pattern even before checking out the solutions because that is how you will have an idea of how to mark each question precisely. Please check the following exam pattern of Class 10th Social Science from below.
- The question paper has 35 questions classified into 17 pages.
- All the question papers are compulsory to attempt.
- The Section – A has very short answer type questions of 1 marks
- The Section – B has short answer types questions of 3 marks
- The Section – C has long answer type questions of 5 marks.
- The Section – D has map based question carrying 6 marks
Leave a Reply