A candidate shall be eligible to apply for admission to a class if he/she has passed the qualifying examination (wherever required) from a recognized school and also fulfills all other eligibility requirements in terms of Transfer Certificate, age etc. If the age falls short or exceeds even by a single day, the candidate shall not be eligible for admission.
AMU School Admission 2018 to Foreign Nationals / NRI
The important dates for AMU School Admission 2018 to Foreign Nationals / NRI is listed below.
|Last date of online submission of duly filled in Application Form||09 Feb 2018|
|Application form restarts||23 to 26 Feb 2018|
|Date of test & interview for class VI & IX||08 Apr 2018|
AMU School Selection Application Form 2018
The application form can be filled by the eligible candidates on or before the last date. The Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges (non-refundable) of Rupees 6500.00 (equivalent to US Dollar 100.00) in Indian Currency is to be remitted ONLINE.
Application Form: Click here to apply for AMU School Admission 2018.
Notice Regarding Rescheduling of Exam Dates
The test dates and the interview dates for AMU School Admission 2018 has been revised. Interested candidates can check below for details.
AMU School Admit Card 2018
The Admit Card can be downloaded from the Controller of examinations website, www.amucontrollerexams.com. It is only after verification of the eligibility that the candidate would be considered for admission. Mere appearing or qualifying in the test does not entitle a candidate for selection / admission.
AMU School Selection List 2018
List of selected Candidates for Admission to AMU Schools Session 2018-19 will be published. Candidates can check from the official website or the same can be checked from this page.
Documents to be uploaded with the Application Form:
The eligibility conditions / Age Limit and other rules as prescribed for candidates applying under General Category will be applicable for candidates applying under Foreign National/NRI category. The following documents are to be uploaded with the Application Form:
- Mark-sheets / Grade-sheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must attach self-attested scanned copies of mark-sheets / grade-sheets of examination passed in the preceding year. In case if Grades are awarded then the Grade conversion table for conversion of Grades into marks duly authenticated by the concerned Examination Board is also to be attached.
- Date of Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport (For Foreign Nationals only) is to be attached.
- Any other relevant document.
Documents to be produced at the time of interview:
- Candidate applying under NRI Category shall submit the following additional documents of his/her NRI Parent at the time of Interview.
- Relevant pages of the Passport showing Visa and latest exit and entry date duly attested by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate.
- The NRE Bank Account Number in India with copies of relevant documents duly attested by the concerned bank.
- Any one of the following certificates issued not prior to January 20, 2018.
- Certificate from the employer in the country of residence stating employment position of NRI certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate.
- f self-employed, carrying his / her own business then a certificate in that respect duly certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy /Consulate.
- NRI Certificate issued by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate.
Note: Full name of the candidate’s NRI parent and relationship with the candidate must be mentioned in the above document.
- The eligible candidates under NRI category would be required to appear in a written test and interview or any other proficiency test as decided by the University. The scheduled start for test is 10:00 am and for interview 03:00 pm and venue will be STS school (Minto Circle).
- Admissions will be offered based on the merit of the above Test. However Foreign Nationals are exempted from appearing in the Test.
- Selected candidates shall have to fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Class as detailed in the Guide to Admission (Schools) at the time of admission.
- Selected candidates shall have to pay a sum of US Dollar 1000.00 (one thousand US Dollars only), in Indian Currency, at the exchange rate existing at the time of admission through a Demand Draft in favour of the Finance Officer, AMU Aligarh payable at Aligarh towards admission charges. Payment may also be made through ONLINE in the account number of School in which the candidate is admitted.
- Those admitted in the school will have to pay school fee and Hostel Charges (if applicable) separately in addition the admission charges.
- Candidates admitted under Foreign National/NRI category will also have to pay a sum of US Dollar 600.00 per annum in each subsequent academic Session up to Class X.
A few seats are earmarked for Admission of Foreign Nationals / Children of Non Resident Indians in S.T.S. High School (Minto Circle) and the AMU Girls’ High School as detailed below.
Official website: www.amu.ac.in
For more details regarding AMU School Admission 2018, candidate can Download Information Brochure.