AMU School Admission 2017 to Foreign Nationals / NRI
A few seats are earmarked for Admission of Foreign Nationals / Children of Non Resident Indians in S.T.S. High School (Minto Circle) and the AMU Girls’ High School as detailed below.
Last Date of Receipt of Application Form: The last date of receipt of duly filled in Application Form in the School of first preference of the candidate is 02.03.2017 (up to 5:00 PM).
Intake under Foreign National /NRI Category
AMU School Selection List 2017
List of Candidates Provisionally Selected for Admission to AMU Schools Session 2017-18 has been published. Counselling for these candidates is scheduled to be held on 05 May 2017.
AMU School Admit Card 2017
The Admit Card can be downloaded from the Controller of examinations website, www.amucontrollerexams.com. It is only after verification of the eligibility that the candidate would be considered for admission. Mere appearing or qualifying in the test does not entitle a candidate for selection / admission.
- Download Admit Card – Process is over…!!!
Documents to be attached with the Application Form:
The eligibility conditions / Age Limit and other rules as prescribed for candidates applying under General Category will be applicable for candidates applying under NRI category. The duly filled in form should be enclosed with the attested copies of the following certificates/documents:
- The Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges (non-refundable) equivalent to US Dollar 100.00 in Indian Currency to be remitted through a Demand Draft of a date not prior to January 20, 2017 drawn in favour of Finance Officer, A M U, Aligarh payable at Aligarh. The applicant should also write his/her name, date of birth and class for which applying on the reverse of the Demand Draft.
- Attested copy (both sides) of Mark-sheets / Grade-sheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must submit self attested photocopies of mark-sheets / grade-sheets of examination passed in the preceding year. In case if Grades are awarded then the Grade conversion table for conversion of Grades into marks duly authenticated by the concerned Examination Board is also to be submitted.
- Attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Copy of relevant pages of candidate’s valid passport (For Foreign Nationals only).
- Any other relevant document.
- Candidate applying under NRI Category shall submit the following additional documents of his/her NRI parent along with the Application Form:
- Relevant pages of the Passport showing Visa and latest exit and entry date duly attested by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate.
- The NRE Bank Account Number in India with copies of relevant documents duly attested by the concerned bank.
- Any one of the following certificates issued not prior to January 20, 2017
- Certificate from the employer in the country of residence stating employment position of NRI certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate
- If self-employed, carrying his / her own business then a certificate in that respect duly certified by the Indian High Commission / Embassy /Consulate
- NRI Certificate issued by the Indian High Commission / Embassy / Consulate (Full name of the candidate’s NRI parent and relationship with the candidate must be mentioned in the above document.)
Procedure of Admission:
The eligible candidates under NRI category would be required to appear in a written test and interview or any other proficiency test as decided by the University as per the following schedule:
|Class||Date of Test||Scheduled Start||Date of Interview||Venue|
|IX||02 Apr 2017||9.00 am||02 Apr 2017||STS School (Minto Circle)|
|VI||02 Apr 2017||9.00 am||02 Apr 2017|
Admissions will be offered based on the merit of the above Test. However Foreign Nationals are exempted from appearing in the Test.
Selected candidates shall have to fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Class as detailed in the Guide to Admission (Schools) at the time of admission.
Selected candidates shall have to pay a sum of US Dollar 1000.00 (one thousand US Dollars only), in Indian Currency, at the exchange rate existing at the time of admission through a Demand Draft in favour of the Finance Officer, AMU Aligarh payable at Aligarh towards admission charges. Payment may also be made through ONLINE in the account number of School in which the candidate is admitted.
Those admitted in the school will have to pay school fee and Hostel Charges (if applicable) separately in addition the admission charges.
Candidates admitted under Foreign National/NRI category will also have to pay a sum of US Dollar 600.00 per annum in each subsequent academic Session up to Class X.