NCERT Class XII Chemistry: Chapter 11 – Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) Book for Class XII
Chapter: Chapter 11 – Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
After studying this Unit, you will be able to
- name alcohols, phenols and ethers according to the IUPAC system of nomenclature;
- discuss the reactions involved in the preparation of alcohols from (i) alkenes (ii) aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids;
- discuss the reactions involved in the preparation of phenols from (i) haloarenes (ii) benzene sulphonic acids (iii) diazonium salts and (iv) cumene;
- discuss the reactions for preparation of ethers from (i) alcohols and (ii) alkyl halides and sodium alkoxides/aryloxides;
- correlate physical properties of alcohols, phenols and ethers with their structures;
- discuss chemical reactions of the three classes of compounds on the basis of their functional groups.
Class XII NCERT Chemistry Text Book Chapter 11 Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers is given below
|« Previous||Next »|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.