Approved in the 47th Annual General Body Meeting of the Board held on 13.05.2005 and accepted by the Govt. of Odisha, Deptt. of School and Mass Education/ Bhubaneswar in its letter no. IX SME(BSE) 01/2005/13207 SME Dated. 02.07.05
A. Subject to be Studied
Every pupil shall study the following languages namely,
|9.||Health & Physical Education|
B. Structure of Language
Every pupil shall study the following languages as detailed below :-
- 1. First Language – (Mother Tongue)
- [Odia / Bengali / Telugu / Urdu / Hindi / Alternative English)
- 2. Second Language – [ English/Hindi ]
- English for those who do not offer English as their First Language.
- Hindi for those who offer English as their First Language.
- Environment & Population Education for the hearing impaired students only.
- 3. Third Language – [ Hindi/Odia/Sanskrit/Persian.
- Hindi or Sanskrit for those who offer Odia as their First Language.
- Odia or Hindi or Sanskrit for those who offer Bengali / Telugu as their First Language.
- Hindi or Persian or Odia for those who offer Urdu as their First Language.
- Odia or Sanskrit for those who offer Hindi as their First Language.
- Odia or Sanskrit or Persian for those who offer English as their First Language.
- Visual Arts for the deaf and dumb Hearing Impaired students only.
- Environment and Population Education in lieu of Second Language and
- Visual Arts in lieu of Third language. He/she shall have to offer one language under first language.
The syllabus of the above said “Environment & Population Education” will be same with “Environment & Population Education (optional)” under Group-B.
Class-X students with hearing impairement will have to apply through the Headmaster concerned well in advance to avail themselves of the above said facility.
C. The Scheme Structure & Weightage
The New Scheme of studies for Classes IX will contain the following internally assessable compulsory subjects with number of papers and maximum marks indicated against each.
|Sl NO.||SUBJECTS||NO OF PAPERS||TOTAL MARKS||NO OF PERIODS PER WEEK|
|9.||Work Experience One 100 04||One||100||04|
|10.||Art Education One 50 02||One||100||02|
Other School Activities
|12.||Library Work and Debating||–||–||01|
|13.||School Broadcasting Programme – – 01||–||–||01|
- Four periods allocated to Work Education shall be in two consecutive periods each time twice a week.
- Two periods allocated to Art Education shall be taken once a week in two consecutive periods.
- The periods allocated to Health and Physical Education should as far as possible, be the last period of the day thrice a week, so that the children can continue their games beyond the school hours if they so like.
D. Instructional Time ad Duration of School Hours
- There will be 210 working days or 35 working weeks for class-IX and 120 working days or 20 working weeks for Class X for instruction during an academic session
- The duration of school hours will be six hours as usual. There may be eight periods a day and duration of such period may be forty(40) minutes.