|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
I Physical Geology:
- Geology – Introduction, Branches – Its relation with other disciplines – Scope and applications.
- Solar system, Origin and Age of the earth
- Earth’s Interior (Crust, Mantle and Core) and Exterior (Atmosphere, Hydrosphere and Biosphere).
- Rock Weathering – physical, Chemical and Biological.
- Geological Agents and their action – Erosion, Transportation and Deposition.
- Wind – Geological action, Erosional and depositional land forms.
- Geological action of rivers, Stages of river development, Erosional and depositional land forms.
- Glaciaers – Types, geological action and land forms.
- Geological action of underground water – Stalactites and stalagmites, Karst Topography.
- Oceans – Coastal and Submarine geological processes, Coral reefs, Tsunamis.
- Valcanoes – Definition, parts, types and products.
- Earthquakes – Definition, Seismic waves, types, Seismograph, effects and distribution in the world.
- Concept of Continental drift and plate tectonics.
II Structural Geology
- Structural Geology – Definition and objectives, Strike and dip, Clinometer/Brunton compass
- Study of important structural features – folds, faults, Joints and unconformities.
- Introduction to Crystallography, Crystal – Definition, Morphology, Axes, Elements of Symmetry, Forms, Parameters and Indices.
- Classification of crystals into 7 crystal systems.
- Morphological study of Normal class of Cubic, Tetragonal, Hexagonal, Trigonal, Orthorhombic, Monoclinic and Triclinic systems.
- Introduction, Mineral – Definition and types, Physical properties of Minerals.
- Silicate structures.
- Descriptive mineralogy – Physical properties, chemical composition and mode of occurrence of the following mineral groups:
vi. Other minerals – Olivine, Garnet, Topaz, Kyanite, Calcite, Talc, Beryl, Corundum, Apatite, Gypsum and Barytes.
- Optical Mineralogy – Introduction, thin sections, Polarizing Microscope, Optical properties of minerals.
(Physical Geology, Crystallography and Mineralogy)
I. Geomorphology models of Rivers, – Ground water and volcanoes.
II. Crystallography : Simple, Normal class forms.
Cubic system : Cube, octahedron, Dodecahedron, Tetrahexahedron, Trisoctahedron, Trapezohedron and Hexaoctahedron.
Tetrigonal system: Basal Pinacoid, Prisms and Pyramids
Orthorhomibic : Pinacoids, Prisms and Pyramids
Monoclinic : Pinacoids & Pyramids
Triclinic : Pinacoid, Prisms & Pyramids
Hexagonal : Prisms & Pyramids
III. Mineralogy: Identification of rock forming minerals as per the theory syllabus.