UPSC NDA & NA Entrance Exams are conducted for recruitment to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the National Defense Academy and the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). These exams are held twice a year. The exam conducting body is Union Public Service Commission. All those candidates who join the Indian Naval Academy undergo a four year degree course in Bachelors of Technology. Post Completion to B.Tech degree, they are able to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy.
Official Website of the Institute: http://upsc.gov.in/general/ndana.htm
NDA & NA
The National Defence Academy (NDA) is the Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces, where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies.
NDA Examination held twice a year
- Notification of Examination October – November (I) & April – May (II)
- Conduct of Examination April – May (I) & Sept. – Oct (II)
The important eligibility criteria would be
Indian Citizenship : The Candidate should be (i) a Citizen of India or (ii) a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or (iii) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 (iv) A person of Indian Origin (criteria should be checked from official circular).
Marital Status: Only Unmarried candidates are admitted to this examination.
Age-limits 16-1/2 – 19 Years
- For Army wing of NDA: Candidate should be 12th Class pass or equivalent.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA: Candidates should be 12th class pass along with Physics and Mathematics.
Candidates who are currently pursuing 12th class can also apply for this examination.
Physical Fitness: Candidates should qualify on physically fitness standards as determined by the commission for admission to NDA & NA Examination.
Voluntary Resignation: Candidates who resign or withdraw on disciplinary grounds from the training academies of Armed Forces are not eligible to apply.
NDA / NA Examination
- Click Here for NDA / NA Exam Details
- Cut Offs
- Exam Preparation
- Mathematics Syllabus
- General Ability Test Syllabus
- Previous Year Question Papers
The exam is conducted twice every year. The notification is out in the month of October and April. The exam is conducted around the month of April and September subsequently.
Candidates should clearly mention their preferred services in the online application form. The Services should be listed in the order of preference of the candidate. Candidates should mention as many preferences as they want to opt for. It is helpful while considering their preferences during appointments.
Candidates are considered for appointment to their preferred services only and no other services. No changes in the preferred services are entertained later at any stage of examination. The admissions are made only after all the stages of examination are conducted.
How to Apply Online
- Log on to the official website of UPSC: www.upsconline.nic.in .
- Click on the tab “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”.
- Select your desired positions & fill Part I of the online Application form.
- Take note of the unique Registration ID so generated.
- Pay the fee and then proceed to part II of the registration process.
- After filling out Part II of the form, click on Submit button.
- Take print out of the system generated application form for further reference.