ISC Syllabus for year 2018, 2017, 2016 is given below. Students of Class XII can use this syllabus for their annual examination preparation.
Board: Indian School Certificate
ISC Physics Syllabus
- To enable candidates to acquire knowledge and to develop an understanding of the terms, facts, concepts, definitions, fundamental laws, principles and processes in the field of physics.
- To develop the ability to apply the knowledge and understanding of physics to unfamiliar situations.
- To develop a scientific attitude through the study of physical sciences
- To develop skills in –
(a) the practical aspects of handling apparatus, recording observations and
(b) drawing diagrams, graphs, etc.
- To develop an appreciation of the contribution of physics towards scientific and technological developments and towards human happiness.
- To develop an interest in the world of physical sciences.
There will be two papers in the subject –
- Paper I: Theory – 3 hours – 70 marks
- Paper II: Practical – 3 hours – 20 marks
- Project Work – 7 marks
- Practical File – 3 marks
Paper I -Theory – 70 Marks
Paper I shall be of 3 hours duration and be divided into two parts.
- Part I (20 marks): This part will consist of compulsory short answer questions, testing knowledge, application and skills relating to elementary/fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus.
- Part II (50 marks): This part will be divided into three Sections A, B and C. There shall be six questions in Section A (each carrying 7 marks) and candidates are required to answer four questions from this Section. There shall be three questions in Section B (each carrying 6 marks) and candidates are required to answer two questions from this Section. There shall be three questions in Section C (each carrying 5 marks) and candidates are required to answer two questions from this Section. Therefore, candidates are expected to answer eight questions in Part II
Note: Unless otherwise specified, only S.I. Units are to be used while teaching and learning, as well as for answering questions.
Physics Syllabus for ISC Class 12th is given below.
|Exam Year||ISC Syllabus|