|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology (Solved) – Set A
The Biology Question Paper will include section on Open Case Studies based questions on two case studies of 7 marks each from the syllabus, a total of 14 marks. The case studies will be supplied to students in advance. These case studies are designed to test the analytical higher order thinking skills of students.
As per the latest blueprint Section A contains 5 question son 1 mark, Section B contains 5 question of 2 marks, Section C contains 11 questions of 3 marks and one value based question of 4 marks, Section D contains 3 questions of 5 Marks.
Set A of Solved CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Biology is given below with PDF of its solutions.
Sample Question Paper
1. What does identification mean ? 1
2. Why are brown algae brown ? 1
3. Look at the figure below and label — 1
(i) The part that separates the embryo from the endosperm.
(ii) The shield shaped cotyledon.
4. What is middle lamella ? 1
5. Where is electron transport system operative in mitochondria ?
6. What are the four categories of bacteria based on their basic shapes ? 2
7. Explain the term exarch and endarch conditions of xylem. 2
8. Write a note on triglycerides. 2
Explain haplontic and diplontic life cycles by giving examples. 2
9. Differentiate white matter and grey matter. 2
10. Differentiate hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia. (HOTS) 2
11. Differentiate between primary meristem and secondary meristem. (HOTS) 3
12. Enumerate the peculiar features that you find in phylum chordata. 3
13. What are the muscle tissues ? What are the three types of muscles found in human beings ? 3
14. List various functions of epithelial tissue. 3
15. Describe the process of crossing over. What is its significance ? 3
16. Describe the structure of chloroplast. 3
Draw a labelled diagram of female reproductive system of a cockroach. 3
17. Describe PS I and PS II. 3
18. What are the important characteristics of plant growth ? Describe in brief. 3
19. What is systemic circulation ? Describe its importance. Why are the walls of the ventricle more muscular than the walls of atria ? 3
20. Explain the initiation of muscle contraction. What is the role of sacroplasmic reticulum, myosin head and F-actin during contraction in striated muscles ? 3
21. What is insulin and what are its functions ? 3
22. Draw any three figures of various types of vascular bundles found in angiosperms. 3
23. Kareena visited Kaziranga wildlife sanctuary and appreciated the diverse fauna and flora dwelling over there. She observed that there is fine balance between various component of ecosystem and each organism is playing important role in the smooth functioning of this system. Explain what does this infer and what lesson/values do you draw from such an experience. (VBQ) 4
24. Describe the structure of Golgi apparatus. 5
Schematically represent the stages in meiosis II. 5
25. Explain the system of ETS and oxidative phosphorylation. 5
(a) Which one of the plant growth regulator would you use, if you are asked to : (HOTS)
(i) Induce rooting in a twig
(ii) Quick ripening of a fruit
(iii) Delay in leaf senescence
(iv) Induce immediate stomatal closure in leaves
(v) Increase length of a dwarf plant
(b) Define photoperiodism. 5
26. Draw a labelled diagram of the detailed structure of a nephron. 5
Write a note on two types of simple tissues with neat diagram. 5