CBSE Sample for Class 11 Economics (Solved) – Set B
Economics Question Paper will include a section on Open Case Studies based-questions on two case studies, each from Part A and Part B of 5 marks, a total of 10 marks. These case studies will be supplied to students in advance. These case studies are designed to test the analytical and higher order thinking skills of student. All the questions in the paper are compulsory. Please note that the paper given here is only a sample. Set B of Solved CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Economics is given below with its solutions.
Sample Question Paper
1. What happens when the rate of resource extraction exceeds that of their regeneration? [HOTS]
(a) It leads to environmental crisis
(b) It leads to ozonedepletion
(c) It leads to global warming
(d) None of these.
2. In which year was the balance of trade favourable in case ofIndia ?
(a) In 1974-75
(b) In 1975-76
(c) In 1976-77
(d) In 1977-78.
3. Which average is affected most by the presence of extreme.
4. The most suitable average for qualitative measurement is :
(a) Arithmetic Mean
(b) Geometric Mean
5. Human Development Index is a composite Index prepared by the United Nations Development Programme on a scale 0-1 measured on the basis of which Indicators? [HOTS]
(b)Knowledgeor Educational Attainment
(d) All of the above.
6. India boast of producing bumper cropsbut the harsh instance of commoditieslike wheat, due to the negligenceofFCI (FoodCorporationofIndia) and lack of appropriate and adequate storage facilities, been the victim of damage. Identify the idea that lacking in the planning and execution by the ministry ofAgriculture, Rural Development and other government administrative departments.
7. Middlemen have always been the force to affect the negotiation power ofthe rural farmer. Could elimination of middlemen by big corporate house like Reliance,Aditya Birla Group etc. is going to brighten the life of farmer or is just the another way of exploitation, still to be thought of? Identify the values involved. [Value Based]
8. What do you mean by project report and what are the advantages of making a project report ?
9. Discuss the importance of statistics in economicplanning.
10. Comment whether the followingstatements are true or false:
(i) The sum of deviation of items from median is zero.
(ii) An average alone is not enough to compare series.
(iii) Arithmetic mean is a positional value.
(iv) Upper quartile is the lowest value of 25% items.
(v) Median is unduly affected by extreme observation.
11. Results do not come,unless programmes/plans are turned into action. These words are true in case of poverty striken Indian economy.What does it reveal? [HOTS]
12. What is semi-feudal economy?
13. Explain the features of poverty in India?
14. The monthly pel’ capita expenditure incurred by workers for an industrial centre during 1980and 2005 on the following items are given below. The weights of these items are 75, 10, 5, 6 and 4 respectively. Prepare a weighted index number for cost of living for 2005with 1980 as the base.
15. A measure of dispersion is a good supplement of the central value in understanding a frequency distribution. Comment. [HOTS]
16. How is human development a broader term as compared to human capital ?
17. Write about the various crops & production under diversification of agriculture?
18. A batsman is to be selected for a cricket team. The choice is between X and Y on the basis of their scores in five previous matches which are
Which batsman should be selected if we want,
(i) a higher run getter ,or
(ii) a more reliable batsman in the team ?
19. The three dimensional attack on poverty adopted by the government has not succeeded in poverty alleviation in India. Comment.
20. What are the main problems of human capital formation in India ? Explaln.
21. ‘Membership of WTO is optional or required in the context of Indian Economy.’ Present the values being involved in India becoming a member of WTO. [Value Based]
22. Calculate the following:
(i) Range and Coefficient of Range
(ii) Quartile Deviation and Coefficient of Quartile Deviation.
(iii) Mean Deviation from Median and its Coefficient.
23. What was the focus of economic policies pursued by the colonial government in India? What were the impact of these policies?
24. What are the major factors responsible for the high growth of the service sector? Explain.
25. Explain the role of non-farm employment in promoting rural diversification.