|ANTHE'18 for Class 8, 9, 10. 100% Scholarship. Cash Rewards.||Apply Now!|
CBSE Sample for Class 11 Economics (Solved) – Set D
Economics Question Paper will include a section on Open Case Studies based-questions on two case studies, each from Part A and Part B of 5 marks, a total of 10 marks. These case studies will be supplied to students in advance. These case studies are designed to test the analytical and higher order thinking skills of student. All the questions in the paper are compulsory. Please note that the paper given here is only a sample. Set D of Solved CBSE Sample Paper for Class 11 Economics is given below with its solutions.
Sample Question Paper
1. Which of the following is correct for the exclusive method ? (HOTS)
(A)The lower class limit of a class is included in the class interval
(B) The upper class limit of a class is excluded in the class interval
(C) The lower class limit of a class is excluded in the class interval
(D) The upper class limit of a class is included in the class interval.
2. Which of the following is/are correct for a range? Give the answer from codes given below? (HOTS)
(i) Ratio of the largest & the smallest observation
(ii) Average of the largest and the smallest observations
(iii) Difference between the largest and the smallest observations
(iv) Difference between the smallest and largest observations.
(A)(i) and (ii) only
(B)(iii) and (iv) only
(D) All of these.
3. The unit of correlation of co-effiecient between height in feet and weight in kg is :
4. Which of the following year is regarded as the defining year to mark the demographic transition from its first to the second decisive stage?
5. Which sector has the lowest contribution in gross domestic product in both the countries of India and Pakistan?
(A) Tertiary sector
(C) Primary sector
(D) None of these.
6. Name some notable economists who estimated India’s per capital income during the colonial period.
7. What is meant by linear and non-linear correlation?
8. “The Government and policymakers use statistical data to formulate suitable policies of economic development.” Illustrate with examples. (HOTS)
9. Privatisation in power generation sector has two dimensionally affected people in India firstly stark reduction in transmission and distribution losses and secondly higher power distribution rates? Is this justified or a mere stabbling by the government stating their dual objectives? Identify the values involved. [Value Based]
10. What is a variable? Distinguish between a discrete and a continuous variable.
11. The followingtable gives the daily income of ten workers in a factory. Find the arithmetic mean.
12. Critically appraise some of the shortfalls of the industrial Policy pursued by the British colonial administration? [HOTS]
13. What kind of diagrams are more effective in representing the.following?
(a) Component of cost in a factory.
(b) Monthly rainfall in a year.
(c) Composition of the population of a city by religion.
14. How can the credit needs ofthe farmers be classified according to time?
15. The size of land holdings of 380 families in a village is given below. Find the median size of land holdings.
|Size of land holdings (in acress) Less than||100||100-200||200-300||300-400||400 and ablove|
|Number of families||40||89||148||64||39|
16. Why does rank correlation coefficient differ from Pearsonian correlation coefficient? [HOTS]
17. Examine the role of education in the economic development of a nation.
18. What are the characteristics of a good questionnaire?
19. How has women’s health become a matter of great concern? What are the main drawbacks of our health care system ? .
20. If the arithmetic mean of the data given below is 28,find: (HOTS)
(a) The missing frequency and
(b) The median of the series.
|Profit Per Retail Shop (in ₹)||0-10||10-20||20-30||30-40||40-50||50-60|
|No. of Retail Shops||12||18||27||–||17||6|
21. Discuss the credibility and the need for creating a poverty line. Justify the values involved. [Valuebased]
22. To check the quality of two brands oflight bulbs, their life in burning hours was estimated as under for 100 bulbs of each brand.
|Life (in hours)||Number of bulbs Brand (A)||Number of Bulbs Brand (B)|
(i) Which brand has higher life.
(ii) Which brand is more dependable.
23. Why are employment generation programmes important in poverty alleviation in India?
24. Explain the arguments in favour of new economic policy.
25. Explain the role of non-farm employment in promoting rural diversification.