CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Biology – SA1
Summative Assessment – Semester I
Class: 8 Max Mks: 45 | Time: 2 hrs
Chapters included are
- Life Processes – Transport of Materials in Animals and Plants,
- Life Processes – Control and Coordination
- Life Processes – Reproduction, Growth and Development
- All questions are compulsory
- Questions 1 to 5 are multiple-choice questions and carry 1 mark each. Choose the appropriate option and write the answer in the answer sheet.
- Question 6 to 10 carry 1 mark each and must be answered in 1 or 2 sentences.
- Questions 11 to 19 carry 2 marks each must be answered in 2 or 3 sentences.
- Questions 20 to 23 carry 3 marks each and must be answered in 5 or 6 sentences.
- Question 24 carries 5 marks and must be answered in 7 or 8 sentences
1. Movement of water in the plant body takes place through
- (a) Xylem
- (b) Vascular tissues
- (c) Phloem
- (d) Stomata
2. Chemical control in organisms is brought about by
- (a) Enzymes
- (b) Neurons
- (c) Hormones
- (d) All of the above
3. Unisexual flowers are found in
- (a) Mulberry
- (b) Mustard
- (c) pea
- (d) Sunflower
4. Butterfly in its development from larva to a adult shows
- (a) Multiplication
- (b) Metamorphosis
- (c) Fertilization
- (d) None of the above
5. The heart beat is measure by an instrument called
- (a) Thermometer
- (b) Sphygmomanometer
- (c) Stethoscope
- (d) None of the above
6. The colored part of the eyes is called as __________.
7. Name the gland that is responsible for bringing about changes during adolescence in boys and girls.
8. Hormones are produced by ___________.
9. What is transpiration?
10. In plants, male sex cells are known as _____________.
11. Mention the functions of (i) seed coat and (ii) cotyledons.
12. Define (i) binary fission and (ii) seed germination.
13. What are nerves? Mention the types of neurons found in humans.
14. Describe the functions of (i) Phloem and (ii) Blood vessels.
15. Draw a labeled diagram showing the structure of a nerve cell.
16. Find odd one out, giving reasons
(i) Testes, epididymis, vas deferens, uterus.
(ii) Cutting, grafting, layering, binary fission.
17. Mention three conditions necessary for seed germination.
18.Name five sense organs of human beings and the sensation perceive by each one.
19. Write true or false in front of the following statements
(i) Xylem and phloem are vascular tissues.
(ii) Blood group A has antigen A.
(iii) The dermis of the skin is made up of epithelial cells.
(iv) A potato tuber is really an underground stem.
20. Why is reproduction necessary for living organisms?
21. Describe two characteristic features of hormones.
22. Write in brief about blood transfusion.
23. Write a brief note on sexual reproduction in animals.
24. With a well labeled diagram explain the organs of the female reproductive system in humans.