CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Physics – SA1
Summative Assessment – Semester I
Class: 8 Max Mks: 45 | Time: 2 hrs
Chapters included are
- More about Solids, Liquids and Gases
- All questions are compulsory
- Questions 1 to 5 are multiple-choice questions and carry 1 mark each. Choose the appropriate option and write the answer in the answer sheet.
- Question 6 to 10 carry 1 mark each and must be answered in 1 or 2 sentences.
- Questions 11 to 19 carry 2 marks each must be answered in 2 or 3 sentences.
- Questions 20 to 23 carry 3 marks each and must be answered in 5 or 6 sentences.
- Question 24 carries 5 marks and must be answered in 7 or 8 sentences.
1. The instrument used to observe stars and other heavenly bodies is:
- (a) Periscope
- (b) Microscope
- (c) Telescope
- (d) Endoscope
2. A real, inverted and highly enlarged image is formed by a convex lens when the object is between:
- (a) Beyond 2F
- (b) F and 2F
- (c) At 2F
- (d) At F
3. During snow storm, the atmosphere gets:
- (a) Warm
- (b) Cold
- (c) Very cold
- (d) Very hot
4. The fluid used in barometer is:
- (a) Water
- (b) Mercury
- (c) Air
- (d) Alcohol
5. The phenomenon of splitting whit light into seven colors is called:
- (a) Reflection
- (b) Refraction
- (c) Refractive index
- (d) Dispersion
6. A meteorite is a part of meteor, which failed to burn in Earth’s atmosphere. ______________.
7. When the refraction takes place through glass prism, the emergent ray always bends towards the ____________ of prism.
8. Define heat energy.
9. The normal atmospheric pressure is ____________.
10.Write the SI unit of latent heat.
11. State the functions of diaphragm in photographic camera.
12.(a) Define Galaxy.
(b) Name the galaxy which is nearest to our galaxy.
13. (a) Define calorie.
(b) State the units of specific heat capacity.
14.Define the terms (a) element, (b) meteors.
15.On the basis of kinetic theory of matter explain why the liquids have a definite volume, but no definite shape.
16.Differentiate between short-sighted eye and long-sighted eye.
17.Give any two advantages of tides.
18.What do you understand by the term surface tension?
19. The statements below are incorrect, Write the correct statements.
(a) Moisture in mercury increases the barometric height.
(b) The more the temperature of a hot body, the more slowly the heat flows from it into the cold body.
20. State the laws of refraction.
21.(i) Draw a neat diagram for the formation of lunar eclipse.
(ii) What do you understand by the term remote sensing?
22. 75g of water at 10°C is heated by supplying 25200 J of heat energy. If specific het capacity of water is 4.2 Jg-1°C-1, calculate the final temperature of water.
23.Why do deep sea divers wear specially designed suits?
24.Describe in brief the construction of simple barometer.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.