|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
CBSE Sample Papers for Class 8 Social Science – SA1
Sample Paper of Social Science (SEM-II) for class 8
Max. Marks: 50 Time: 2 hours
- Questions 1 to 10 carry 1 mark each. Answer in 1 or 2 sentences
- Questions 11 to 20 carry 2 marks each. Answer in 3 or 4 sentences
- Questions 21 to 25 carry 3 marks each. Answer in 5 or 6 sentences
- Question 26 carries 5 marks.
A. Answer the Following questions: (1 X 10= 10)
- 1. Mention the most common element that is available in all cities established by the British.
- 2. Name the city in which India Gate is located.
- 3. Name one city that was developed around ports.
- 4. Which place was served as the summer capital of the British Empire?
- 5. Who wrote ‘Pather Panchali’?
- 6. Who was the author of ‘Ananda Math’?
- 7. What is Kuchipudi?
- 8. Who established equality between Indian and British Judges?
- 9. What is joint sector industry?
- 10. Give example of a human made fibre.
B. Answer the Following questions: (2 X 10= 20)
- 11. What were ‘Black Town’ and ‘White Town’?
- 12. What is deurbanisation? Explain.
- 13. Give a brief account of the origin and growth of Madras.
- 14. Write short notes about Raja Ravi Verma.
- 15. How was Indian art influenced by the British rule?
- 16. Define nationalism.
- 17. Write the names of the major industrial regions of the world.
- 18. Give examples of large and small scale industries.
- 19. Briefly explain the importance of Textile industry.
- 20. What is green revolution? Explain.
C. Answer the Following questions: (3 X 5= 15)
- 21. Explain the features of the new urban centres.
- 22. Which three eminent composers shaped Carnatic music?
- 23. What is the importance of industries?
- 24. Name any three inputs in the industrial system.
- 25. Siberia is sparsely populated. Explain.
26. What is population Pyramid? Describe India’s population Pyramid? (2+3=5)