Important Talent Search Exams
|Allen TALLENTEX 2018 (Class 5 to 11)|
|Aakash ANTHE 2017 : 100% Scholarship (Class 8, 9, 10)|
Aptitude reflects the inherent capacity, or talent of an individual. Aptitude testing is a student-friendly, universally accepted mode of rating capabilities for a particular activity. Aptitude tests are known to be reliable predictors of future scholastic achievements as they provide a profile of strengths and weaknesses of a student.
Genesis of SGAI
Central Board of Secondary Education has become the first Board in the country to introduce the concept of aptitude testing in 2011, followed by the second edition in 2012. It is aimed at empowering an adolescent with “self-knowledge” in terms of the aptitude in combination with personality, interest etc.
The CBSE SGAI is meant for X grade students and is an optional activity, for schools and students.
A random survey was conducted in schools by devising a questionnaire to primarily gauge whether the schools, parents and students were aware of Aptitude Tests, at what stage these tests should be conducted and parents attitude towards Aptitude Tests. The responses received were studied by a group comprising of psychiatrists, psychologists, experts in Psychometrics and practicing counsellor. After analysing the feedback it was decided to develop an Aptitude Test suited to CBSE clientele.
Prior to the administration CBSE SGAI is pre-tested for its efficacy.
A pilot test is conducted on a sample of secondary level students drawn from CBSE affiliated Private, Government and Aided schools from different parts of the country.
The Micro Pilot Test
SGAI is further tested after making modifications on the basis of pilot test and feedback received from schools.
Strength of SGAI
A team of Experts
in psychometrics, practicing psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors design and develop SGAI and its assessment scheme.
Resource Material & Advocacy of SGAI for wider sensitization and climate building amongst Parents, Teachers and Schools Teachers manual of activities and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) are regularly updated and published in English and Hindi. The material is also made available on-line.
Assessment of CBSE SGAI is done under the supervision of an expert panel and score cards are issued by the Board.
Salient features of SGAI
- The CBSE SGAI is an optional activity meant for class X students studying in CBSE affiliated schools across the world.
- CBSE SGAI is a collection of indices such as aptitude, interest and personality.
- Unlike the conventional Aptitude Tests, which indicate professional orientations the CBSE SGAI attempts to indicate subject orientations at +2 level.
- It has been customized to suit the Indian context and variety of student population in CBSE affiliated Private, Government and Aided Schools.
- CBSE SGAI is not an examination.
- It is a simple paper and pencil test of 1.5 hours duration.
- There are NO right or wrong answers, negative marking, pass or fail.
- No syllabus and special preparation is required for CBSE SGAI.
- Mental preparedness and sincere responses are the pre- requisites for this test. SGAI scores may depend upon child’s environmental stimulus and motivation level.
- CBSE- SGAI should be taken only as an indicator or a facilitator.
- The purpose of CBSE SGAI is limited to help the larger population including parents, teachers and students to initiate a dialogue on subject choices that lead to effective career planning later in life.
- Final decision on the subject choices may be taken in consultation with teachers and parents.
Who can participate in CBSE SGAI? How?
Any student studying in class X in a CBSE affiliated school can register through school by paying nominal fee of Rs. 100/-
CBSE SGAI: Some Statistical Facts
More than 3, 00, 000 students from all over India and abroad have taken CBSE SGAI in 2011 and 2012.
CBSE SGAI: for Himachal Pradesh Board
It is a matter of great satisfaction that within one year of inception of SGAI, the CBSE has conducted CBSE SGAI- 2012 for secondary school students in 12 districts of Himachal Pradesh on request from Himachal Pradesh board of Higher Education.
Click here to register for SGAI 2013
Click here to read FAQs