Important Talent Search Exams
|Allen TALLENTEX 2018 (Class 5 to 11)|
|Aakash ANTHE 2017 : 100% Scholarship (Class 8, 9, 10)|
This branch of Science deals with rates of chemical reactions, mechanism of reaction and factors influencing the reaction.
TYPES OF CHEMICAL REACTION
Very fast (instantaneous) Reaction:
- Reaction is so fast, that the determination of rate of reaction is difficult.
- Involve ionic species.
- Occurs within 10-14 to10-16 seconds.
AgNo3 + NaCl →AgCl + NaNO3
BaCl2 + H2SO4 → BaSO4 + 2HCl
HCl + NaOH → NaCl + H2O
Very Slow Reaction:
- Reaction is slow, extremely slow
- Determination of rate of reaction is difficult task.
- Take months to show measurable change.
- Occurs at moderate and measurable rates at room temp.
- Study of kinetics is simple.
- Molecular in nature.
2H2O2 → 2H2O + O2
2N2O5 → 2N2O4 + O2
CH3COOC2H5 + NaOH → CH3COONa + C2H5OH
C12H22O11 + H2O → C6H12O6 + C6H12O6
Cane sugar Glucose Fructose
NO2 + CO → NO + CO2
2FeCl3 + SnCl2 → 2FeCl2 + SnCl4 (aqueous phase)
The reactions in which the rate equation corresponds to a stoichiometric equation called elementary reaction.
The reactions which have no relation between stoichiometric equation and rates of reaction, called non-elementary reactions.
When single stoichiometric equation and single rate equation are chosen to represent the progress of the reaction we have single reaction.
|Click Here for Next Topic »|