Nature of Reactants:
- Ionic compounds react quickly.
- When covalent compounds react, bond cleavage and new bond formation occurs so they react slowly
- Homogeneous reaction is fast in comparison to Heterogeneous reactions, due to better intermixing of molecules.
- Activation energy depends on chemical nature of reactants. If Activations energy is high reaction rate is slow and vice versa.
Concentration of Reactants:
- Rate of reaction a product of active masses concentration.
- As concentration Increase, rate of reaction increase due to increase the number of effective collision.
- In gas phase reaction, increase in pressure results in increase in rate of reaction.
- For Irreversible reaction rate of irreversible reaction decrease, with time
- For reversible reaction rate of forward reaction decrease and backward reaction increase with time
- In autocatalytic reaction rate increase with time.
- The rate of reaction increases, with increase in temp.
- Temperature Coefficient:
In the vicinity of 27oC, when the temperature of a reaction is raised by 10oC, rate of reaction becomes 2-3 times. Then ratio of rate constants of these 2 temp(s) is called as Temperature Coefficients
The above formula is valid for temperature closed to room temperature.
|« Click Here for Previous Topic||Click Here for Next Topic »|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.