Important Talent Search Exams
|Allen TALLENTEX 2018 (Class 5 to 11)|
|Aakash ANTHE 2017 : 100% Scholarship (Class 8, 9, 10)|
- Those molecules which attain the minimum energy required for a chemical reaction.
- Minimum amount of energy required by a reactant molecule to participate in a reaction is called Activation energy.
- Minimum amount of energy which must be associated with the molecules so that their collision results into product formation.
- Threshold energy = Activation energy + Energy Possessed by molecules.
The number of collisions taking place per second per unit volume of the reaction mixture is known as Collision Frequency Z.
Incase of binary collision Z = 1025 to 1028.
According to collision theory
- Reacting species must possess the adequate energy to overcome the energy barrier
- Reacting species must be properly oriented at the time of collision.
- Reactant → Activated Complex → Product
- The molecule which have sufficient activation energy from activated complex which decompose in product.
- Orientation of molecule:-
|« Click Here for Previous Topic||Click Here for Next Topic »|