CBSE Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India (KTPI)
After a successful pilot run, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has decided to introduce a new elective course for Std XI. The course known as Knowledge Traditions and Practices of India (KTPI) will be available to students from this academic session under the elective course code no. 073.
CBSE’s circular says that the newly introduced course has “received an overwhelming response from educationists and the teaching community all over India”. It aims to engage students with a sense of exploration and discovery while highlighting the concepts and major achievements in various disciplines of knowledge.
This elective is keeping in line with the board’s endeavour to develop the curriculum in various subjects with a deep focus on values inherent in Indian education system. This focus further takes shape in facilitating knowledge of traditional practices through the course material developed for students.
The various modules of this course have already been put online and a printed book version is currently under process. The board is also preparing a Hindi version of the course. The board has written to principals requesting them to include this elective in their scheme of studies. There are a total of 10 modules being offered by CBSE in this course.
CBSE KTPI Resources
KTPI – Class XII
- Indian Ethics: Individual and Social
- Education: Systems & Practices
- Dance : Classical || Dance : Folk
- Agriculture: A Survey
- Language and Grammar
- Architecture: A Survey : Early and Classical Architecture | Medieval & Colonial Architecture
- Society State and Polity: A Survey
- Painting: A Survey
- Martial Arts Traditions: A Survey
- Other Technologies: A Survey
- Trade: A Survey
KTPI – Class XI
- Module 1 : Astronomy in India
- Module 2 : Chemistry in India
- Module 3 : Indian Literatures Part 1
- Module 3 : Indian Literatures Part 2
- Module 4 : Indian Philosophical Systems
- Module 5 : Indian Traditional Knowledge on Environmental Conservation
- Module 6 : Life Sciences (1) Ayurveda for Life, Health and Well-being – Part 1
- Module 6 : Life Sciences (2) The Historical Evolution of Medical Tradition in Ancient India – Part 2
- Module 6 : Life Sciences (3) Plant and Animal Sciences in Ancient India – Part 3
- Module 7 : Mathematics in India
- Module 8 : Metallurgy in India
- Module 9 : Music in India
- Module 10 : Theatre and Drama in India