Indian Navy has issued the notification for unmarried male candidate for enrollment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2017 Batch. Course Commencing in Feb 2017. Online application is accepted from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan. Interested candidates can check complete details like eligibility, application procedure and selection procedure from this page given below.
Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 01/2017
Interested Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan can apply for sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – 01/2017 Batch. Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Schedule for Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 01/2017 is given below.
|Online applications starts from||23 May 2016|
|Last date for registration of online application||05 Jun 2016|
|Last date for receipt of applications||13 Jun 2016|
|For candidates of North East, J&K, Andaman & Nicobar Islands,
Lakshadweep & Minicoy Islands
|20 June 2016|
Merit List – 2nd List!
Indian Navy has issued the Sailor entry 2nd Merit list.The meritlist of sailor entry can be accessed through the direct link provided below by entering your Registration Number exactly as printed on your Call Up cum Admit card. Kindly go through the link provided below.
Admit Card / Call Letter
Call up letters cum admit card has been issued to eligible short listed candidates which indicates date, time and place for recruitment tests Candidates can download their admit card from the official website i.e. www.joinindiannavy.gov.in or through the direct link provided below. No separate admit card will be issued. Candidates can be alloted any center view administrative reasons.
- Admit Card process is over…!!!
For this entry, the candidates can apply online only, Manually filled application will be rejected.
- Application process is over…!!!
Educational Qualifications: Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Age: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1994 to 31 Jan 1998 (Both dates inclusive)
Pay & Prequistes
Pay & Allowances
- During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 pm will be admissible on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service.
- On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @Rs 2000/- plus DA
Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Office I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs 4800/- Plus MSP @Rs 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT) – PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory – Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only”Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Without Glasses: Better Eye 6/6 Worse Eye 6/9
- With Glasses: Better Eye 6/6 Worse Eye 6/6
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
Tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Training and Intitial Engagement
Training: The training for the course will commence in Feb 2017, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Discharge as Unsuitable: Sailors are liable to be discharged as “Unsuitable” due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Print out of online application will be received only through Ordinary Post. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers willl be rejected.
- The ‘Online’ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out statewise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
- Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/Oct 2016, would be required to be downloaded from internet site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The call up letters cum admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Aug 2016. No separate call up letter cum admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination(Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review / appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/apeal is permissible.
- A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. This select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 22 Dec 2016. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Preliminary Recruitment Medical, would be required to report at INS Chilka. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fail to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for final medical examination for enrolment. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for final medicals and enrolment, are to produce the self attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the application, along with the original certificates. If the details provided during application stage are not matching with the original certificates, the candidature will be cancelled.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment I enrolment after a period of six months.
For more details of Indian Navy SSR Recruitment 01/2017 – Download Official Notification
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.