Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline. nic.in Detailed instructions for filling uponline applications are available on the above mentioned website.
Last Date of Online Application is Over
NOTE 1: The applicants are advised to submit only single appliation; however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he submits another/multiple applications, then he must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre,photograph , signature , fee etc . The applicants who are submitting multiple applicantions should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
NOTE-2: All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces , Sailors [including boys and artificers apprentices) of the Indian Navy, Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College [previously known as Sainik School, Dehradun), Students of Military Schools formerly known as King George’s Schools) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organisations or in private employment should apply direct to the Commission.
- Persons already in Government service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises;
- Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors [including boys and artificers apprentices] of the Indian Navy; and
- Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College[ previously known as Sainik School, Dehradun), Students of Military Schools formerly known as King George’s Schools) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik School Society are required to inform their Head of Office//Department, Commanding Officer,Principals of College/School concerned, as the case may be, in writing that they have applied for this examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received by the Commission from their employer/authority concerned with holding permission to the candidates applying for/appearing at the examination,their applications will be liable to be rejected/candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
NOTE 3 : WHILE FILLING IN THE APPLICATION FORM, THE CANDIDATE SHOULD CAREFULLY DECIDE ABOUT HIS CHOICE FOR THE CENTRE FOR THE EXAMINATION.
IF ANY CANDIDATE APPEARS AT A CENTRE OTHER THAN THE ONE INDICATED BY THE COMMISSION IN HIS ADMISSION CERTIFICATE, THE PAPERS OF SUCH A CANDIDATE WILL NOT BE VALUED AND HIS CANDIDATURE WILL BE LIABLE TO CANCELLATION.
NOTE 4 : APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE PRESCRIBED FEE (UNLESS REMISSION OF FEE IS CLAIMED AS IN PARA 4ABOVE) OR INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS SHALL BE SUMMARILY REJECTED. NO REPRESENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE REGARDING SUCH REJECTION SHALL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES .CANDIDATES ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT ALONGWITH THE IR APPLICATIONS ANY CERTIFICATE IN SUPPORT OF THE IR CLAIMS REGARDING AGE , EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, SCHEDULED CASTES/SCHEDULED TRIBES/OTHER BACKWARD CLASSES AND FEE REMISSION E TC. THE Y SHOULD, THERE FORE , ENSURE THAT THEY FULFILL ALL THE ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION. THEIR ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION WILL ALSO THEREFORE BE PURELY PROVISIONAL. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY LATER DATE IT IS FOUND THAT THEY DO NOT FULFIL ALL ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS, THEIR CANDIDATURE WILL BE CANCELLED. THE RESULT OF THE WRITTEN PART OF THE EXAMINATION IS LIKELY TO BE DECLARED IN THE MONTH OF JULY, 2014.
ALL CANDIDATES CALLED FOR INTERVIEW MUS T CARRY THE IR ORIGINAL MA MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE TO THE SERVICES SELECTION BOARD (SSB). ORIGINALS WILL HAVE TO BE PRODUCED BY THE CANDIDATES WHO QUALIFY AT THE SSB INTERVIEW SOON AFTER THE INTERVIEW. THE ORIGINALS WILL BE RETURNED AFTER VERIFICATION. THOSE CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY PASSED 10+2 EXAMINATION MUS T CARRY THE IR ORIGINAL 10+2 PASS CERTIFICATE OR MARKS SHEET FOR THE SSB INTERVIEW. IF ANY OF THEIR CLAIMS IS FOUND TO BE INCORRECT THEY MAY RENDER THEMSELVES LIABLE TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION BY THE COMMISSION IN TERMS OF THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS :
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Commission to be guilty of:
- obtaining support for his candidatureby any means, or
- impersonating, or
- procuring g impersonation by any person, or
- submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- resor t ing to any other i r regular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the examination, or
- using unfair means during the examination, or
- writing irrelevant mat ter , including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script (s), or
- misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall, or
- harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Commission forthe conduct of their examination, or
- being in possession of or using mobile phone , pager or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the examination, or
- violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the examination, or
- attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution be liable
- to be disqualified by the Commission from the examination for which he is a candidate and/or
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- by the Commission from any examination or selection held by them;
- by the Cent ral Government from any employment under them; and
- if he is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules. Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :–
- giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he may wish to make in that behalf; and
- taking the representation , if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him in to consideration.