Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment (KSCSTE) under its STARS (Students with Talent and Aptitude for Research in Science) programme is implementing the (Pratibha Scholarship Scheme) to promote scientific research among students through the award of scholarships for the academic year 2017-18. The scheme implemented by the Women Scientist Division of KSCSTE aims to identify and nurture students who have qualified Higher Secondary Board Examination meritoriously from Kerala to avail scholarship for pursuing B.Sc./ Integrated M.Sc. courses in Basic/ Natural sciences anywhere in India.
Prathibha Scholarship – A is awarded to meritorious students who have excelled in Higher Secondary Board examination and pursuing Degree Courses in Basic and Natural Sciences. The scholarship is awarded for 3 year Degree programmes and first 3 years of Integrated M.Sc programmes.
Prathibha Scholarship – B is awarded to students who have already availed Prathibha Scholarship –A for their Degree Courses and are pursuing Post-graduate course in Basic Sciences. This scholarship is awarded for M.Sc programmes and 4th & 5th year of Integrated M.Sc Programmes.
Fresh applicants who wish to avail Prathibha Scholarship-A should submit their application in FORM-A1.
- Download Application Form – FORM-A1 (B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. course)
Prathibha Scholars who wish to continue the scholarship for Post-graduate studies/ 4th & 5th years of Integrated course studies should submit their application in FORM- A2.
- Download Application Form – FORM-A2 (M.Sc Degree Courses)
Application form duly filled and signed by the candidate, forwarded by the Head of the Institution where the candidate is currently undergoing the course, along with the required enclosures should be addressed to:
Women Scientist Division
Kerala State Council for Science, Technology & Environment
Sasthra Bhavan, Pattom P.O Thiruvananthapuram – 695 004
The envelope containing the application should be superscripted “APPLICATION FOR PRATHIBHA SCHOLARSHIP, KSCSTE”
Documents to be attached with the application –
(i) Prathibha Scholarship-A (B.Sc. Degree Course / First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. Course)
- Duly filled application in the prescribed format. (Form-A1).
- Attested copies of HSE certificate / Mark list
- Community certificate for SC/ST applicants
- Certificate for proof of place of origin* (*Applicant should be of Kerala origin)
(II) Prathibha Scholarship -B (M.Sc. Degree Course/ 4th and 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course)
- Duly filled application in the prescribed format (Form -A2)
- Attested copy of consolidated mark list of B.Sc. Degree Course/ copies of mark lists of first 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course.
- ‘Status Verification Certificate’ signed by the Head of the Institution where the student is undergoing the Degree Course/Integrated M.Sc. course.
- Terms and Conditions in Stamp Paper worth Rs. 50/- duly signed.
- Advance receipt for the amount of scholarship duly signed by the student.
- Undertaking by the student that he/she will not apply/accept any other Scholarship for the current course of study.
Who Can Apply?
Candidates of Kerala origin who have qualified Higher Secondary Examination from Kerala and who have secured admission for B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. course in the current year (year of application) are eligible to apply for Prathibha Scholarship-A.
Those who have availed Prathibha Scholarship in all three years of B.Sc Degree Course and have secured admission for M.Sc Degree Courses or continuing fourth year of Integrated M.Sc Degree Courses are eligible to apply for Prathibha Scholarship-B.
Prathibha Scholarship – A
- Students who have qualified with minimum aggregate marks of 95% or equivalent grade for all subjects and minimum 95% aggregate marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects for the Higher secondary Board Examination in any of the Boards namely viz., CISCE/CBSE/State Board from Kerala are eligible to apply provided they pursue B.Sc. Degree/Integrated M.Sc. Degree course in Basic or Natural Sciences in India.
- For students belonging to the SC/ST reservation category the eligibility is stipulated to minimum aggregate marks of 90% or equivalent grade for all subjects and minimum 90% aggregate marks or equivalent grade for all science subjects in the Higher Secondary Board Examination.
Prathibha Scholarship – B
- Applicants should have availed Prathibha Scholarship during all three years of B.Sc. Degree Course/ first 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. course.
- Applicants should have secured minimum 75% marks in aggregate for B.Sc. Degree course/ first 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. Course.
- Applicants should have secured admission to M.Sc. Degree course in the subsequent year itself on completion of B.Sc. Degree course.
Prathibha Scholarship –A (B.Sc. Degree Course / First 3 years of Integrated M.Sc. Course)
- Total number of scholarships awarded in a year is 100. 10% of the total seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- 10% of the total seats are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- To ensure adequate opportunities to girl students, minimum 50% of the seats are set-aside for them.
- The number of scholarships allocated to each Board of examination will be proportional to the number of eligible applicants in the corresponding Boards namely State Board, CBSE and CISCE (Class XII).
- The scholarship is awarded as per ranking based on the marks secured in Higher Secondary Examination for all Science subjects.
- In case of tie in the total marks for Science subjects, ranking is made based on the marks scored in the order of subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/ Computer Science and finally, the overall marks in the Higher Secondary examination. The Research Advisory Committee (RAC) of Women Scientist Division will look into the aspects of providing advice, monitoring and evaluation of the scheme and awarding the scholarship. The provisional rank list of selected candidates will be published in KSCSTE website usually in November.
- The provisional rank list of selected candidates will be published in KSCSTE website usually in November/December every year.
- Students who are in receipt of any other scholarships are not eligible to apply for Prathibha Scholarship. Further, the awardees under this scheme of scholarship will not be allowed to receive any other scholarship during the tenure of receipt of Prathibha Scholarship. However, SC/ST students who are receiving lump-sum grant are exempted from this criterion.
- The students selected provisionally should confirm their willingness to avail Prathibha Scholarship by submitting an Undertaking that he/she will neither apply nor accept any other scholarship for the current course of study. Such students will only be considered for final ranking.
- On confirmation of acceptance of Prathibha Scholarship, the applicant should submit the (1) Status verification certificate, (2) signed copy of “Terms & Conditions”(in stamp paper worth Rs. 50/-) and (3) Advance receipt for the scholarship amount along with the Undertaking vide para above. Only those who submit these documents within the stipulated time (as published in the provisional rank list) will be considered for final ranking.
Prathibha Scholarship –B (M.Sc. Degree Course/ 4th and 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. Degree Course)
- Applicants who have secured the minimum aggregate marks of 75% for the B.Sc. Degree course/ first three years of Integrated M.Sc. Course only will be considered for continuation of scholarship at Post-graduate level/4th &5th year of Integrated course.
- Such students are eligible to apply for continuation of scholarship as soon as their admission to P.G course/subsequent years of Integrated M.Sc. course is completed.
KSCSTE will publish the Provisional Rank List during November/December every year. The students selected in the Provisional Rank List who would like to avail the Prathibha Scholarship should submit the documents vide para [4(j) 1-4] above for confirmation of scholarship. Such students only will be considered for final ranking.