Rashtriya Military Schools of India Admission 2020: Rashtriya Military Schools are ‘A’ Category establishment of the Army and are administrated by the Directorate General of Military Training. The Schools, every year conducts entrance exam for admission to classes VI and IX. The standard of the entrance exams is Class V & Class VIII for the admission into the Class VI and Class IX respectively. Admit Cards and results will be available on the school web portal i.e. rashtriyamilitaryschools.in. All the details regarding the Rashtriya Military Schools of India Admission 2020 like admission process, admit card, examination details, merit list and interview has been provided below on this page.
Latest: Entrance Exam for admission to classes VI and IX is going to be held on December 22, 2019, and Application Status & Admit Card information will be uploaded soon here.
Rashtriya Military Schools of India Admission 2020
Rashtriya Military Schools are located at Chail (Himachal Pradesh), Ajmer (Rajasthan), Belgaum (Karnataka), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Dholpur (Rajasthan). The admission is done based on the Final merit list prepared by the conducting body. To get the latest updates about the admission in Rashtriya military schools candidates are advised to visit the page regularly.
|Last date of Application Form||20 Oct 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||To be announced!|
|Entrance Exam||22 Dec 2019|
|Merit list||To be announced!|
- Class VI : Only boy candidates aged between 10-12 yrs as on March 31, 2020 for admission to Rashtriya Military Schools in Class VI (born between 01 April 2008 to 31 March 2010, both days inclusive).
- Class IX: Only boys aged between 13-15 yrs as on 31 March 2020 for admisson to Class IX (born between 01 April 2005 to 31 March 2007, both days inclusive) for the academic session 2020-21.
Note: Six months relaxation in upper age limit is permissible for the wards of personnel Killed in Action.
- For Class VI: No previous education qualification is mandatory.
- For class IX: Candidate must passed Class VIII from a govt/recognized school before the date of admission to a Rashtriya Military School. However, students studying in Class VIII are eligible to appear in the entrance test for Class IX.
Selected candidates will have to undergo medical exam at Military Hospitals as nominated by the Director General of Medical Services prior to admission and only those found medically fit will be offered admission.
The application process of entrance test for admission to class VI and IX is over now. The application form was available through post by self-addressed slip and application fees including postal charge through Demand Draft payable at respective Rashtriya Military School (in favour of “Principal, Rashtriya Military School”).
Appliccation Fee and Mode of Payment:
- For General Category: Rs. 600/- + Rs. 50/- (postal charge)
- For SC/ST Categories: Rs. 300/- + Rs. 50/- (postal charge)
Mode of Payment: Students can pay the application fee through Cash/DD.
The conducting body will be released the admit card for the entrance exams on its official website i.e. rashtriyamilitaryschools.in. Candidates have to download and print the admit card and also have to carry the admit card during the examination. The candidates will not be allowed to enter into the examination hall without the admit card.
Admit card is the essential document which contains the important details like Application Number, Roll Number, Date of Exam and Venue of Exam. The candidates must ensure that all the details in the admit card is true. If candidates found any mistakes in the admit card then contact immediately to the exam conducting body. The link of the admit card will be available below after official declaration.
- Class VI
The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class VI is going to be held in the month of December 2019. The exam is OMR based in subjects of Intelligence, General Knowledge, Mathematics and English of Class V standard.
- Class IX
The Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission to Class IX is going to be held in the month of December 2019. The exam is OMR based in subjects of English, Hindi, Social Science, Mathematics and Science of Class VIII standard.
Results and Interview
Candidates who clear the CET and are figuring in the merit list will be required to appear for Interview at respective Rashtriya Military Schools. Final merit list will be prepared after the Interview. Results will be hosted on the School website rashtriyamilitaryschools.in o on the internet.
Reservation of Vacancies
- 70% for wards of JCOs/OR of Army, Navy and AF (including ex-servicemen).
- 30% for wards of officers of Army, Navy and AF (including retired officers) and wards of civilians.
- A total of 50 seats are earmarked in Killed in Action category, in all five RMSs together, at any point of time
Note: 15% and 7.5% seats are reserved for SC and ST in all categories.
- The parents/candidates should exercise due care while filling up the application form. If on verification or otherwise at any subsequent stage, incorrect entries or some variations are found, then the candidature will be liable to be rejected.
- Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be done during admission.
- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth and Category has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the form for the purpose of admission, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
- Rashtriya Military School, Chail, Shimla Hills, HP – 173 217, Ph: 01792-248326
- Rashtriya Military School, Ajmer, Rajasthan – 305 001, Ph: 0145-2624105
- Rashtriya Military School, Belgaum, Karnataka – 590 009, Ph: 0831 2406912
- Rashtriya Military School, Bengaluru, PB-25040, Museum Road, Karnataka – 560 025, Ph: 080-25554972
- Rashtriya Military School, Dholpur, Rajasthan – 328 028, Ph: 05642 220749
Official Website: rashtriyamilitaryschools.in
For more information regarding Rashtriya Military Schools of India Admission 2020, Download Admission Notification.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.