Central Board of Secondary Education is conducting CBSE Maths Olympiad every year with an aim to strengthen the knowledge of the students, enhance their innate problem solving skills and to identify talent at a young age. Any student from Class 9th to 11th can participate in CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018. Interested candidates can get all the necessary information regarding CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018 such as application form, eligibility criteria, fee detail and selection process on this page.
CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi will conduct the CBSE Group Mathematics Olympiad for students studying in its affiliated schools at different centres located in different parts of the country. A maximum number of 30 students and additional quota of 5 girls from CBSE group are selected strictly in order of merit to participate in Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) conducted by National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM). Selection at National level leads to participation at the International Mathematical Olympiad.
Who can participate in CBSE Group Mathematics Olympiad 2018
- Any student studying in class XI, X or IX can participate in the competition. However, there will be a common question paper for all participants. Bright students from class VIII may also appear.
- A school can sponsor maximum five students for the competition.
- The five students should be selected strictly on the basis of a screening test conducted by the school itself.
|Last date for sending entries||1st week of Sep 2018|
|CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2016||2nd week of Oct 2018|
CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018 will be held in 2nd week of Oct 2018 at selected venues in different parts of the country leading to participation in the International Mathematical Olympiad. Last date for sending entries will be in 1st week of Sep 2018.
How to Apply?
- The head of the participating schools will forward the names of the selected students to the state coordinator (venue school) nominated by the Board.
- The information about the selected candidates including name, father’s name, date of birth, gender, school address, class, residential address, contact number of the student and email id should be sent to the state coordinator along with the fee before the last date.
- The selected candidates should be bonafide students of the school/institution.
- The admit card to be issued by the participating school should have complete information about the students.
- The admit card should also carry the signature of the student and his/her latest photograph duly attested by the principal. The sample format will be given at the end of the brochure.
Every sponsored candidate shall remit a sum of Rs. 100/- as entry fee for the Examination. The fee of the candidates should be forwarded by the principal of the participating school to the state coordinator (venue school/centre) in the form of demand draft drawn in favour of the Co-ordinator/ Principal of the centre/venue school. The list of venue schools (state coordinators) appears at the end of this folder.
The fee along with desired information about the selected candidates should reach the state coordinator by 1st week of Sep 2018.
Syllabus and Examination Pattern
There is no specific syllabus for the Examination. Areas of school mathematics such as algebra, geometry, number theory, combinatorics etc. are to be prepared for the test. The question paper will consist of 6-7 questions of non-routine nature.
The question paper will be made available in English medium. The candidates are required to answer in English only.
Venue of Examination
- The Group Mathematical Olympiad will be held at one, two or three venues in each state as listed in the folder.
- Every candidate is required to appear at the venue in his/her state only. No change of venue for the Examination will be admissible.
- Every candidate has to bear the expenditure for his/her transport, board and lodging etc.
- In case of candidates studying in gulf schools, the schools will have to make arrangement for candidates to appear at the identified centre.
- The state coordinator will inform all the participating schools about the roll numbers of the candidates, exact venue, date of Examination, time of Examination and the other details.
Result / Merit List
The answer sheets of candidates who appear in CBSE-GMO will be evaluated in CBSE office. CBSE will select a maximum of 30 candidates strictly in order of merit. From this year there will be an additional quota for five girl candidates. Five girls are added apart from the existing merit list of 30 students. Only the selected candidates will be informed about the result and will be eligible to appear in the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad conducted by NBHM. The names of the selected candidates will be communicated to respective schools as well as NBHM for further necessary action. The result will also be available at website www.cbseacademic.in.
Insofar, official details of CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year and for reference purpose only. As soon as CBSE releases CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.
For More Details Regarding CBSE Mathematics Olympiad 2016 – Download Information Brochure