Class 12 Important Questions for Biology – Reproductive Health
NCERT Exemplar Class 12 Biology is very important resource for students preparing for XII Board Examination. Here we have provided NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 12.
Question from very important topics are covered by NCERT Exemplar Class 12. You also get idea about the type of questions and method to answer in your class 12th examination.
Here you can get Class 12 Important Questions Biology based on NCERT Text book for Class XII. Biology Class 12 Important Questions are very helpful to score high marks in board exams. Here we have covered Important Questions on Reproductive Health for Class 12 Biology subject.
Biology Important Questions Class 12 are given below.
Multiple Choice Questions
- The method of directly injecting a sperm into ovum in assisted by reproductive technology is called:
- a. GIFT
- b. ZIFT
- c. ICSI
- d. ET
- Increased IMR and decreased MMR in a population will:
- a. Cause rapid increase in growth rate
- b. Result in decline in growth rate
- c. Not cause significant change in growth rate
- d. Result in an explosive population/exp
- Intensely lactating mothers do not generally conceive due to the:
- a. Suppression of gonadotropins
- b. Hyper secretion of gonadotropins
- c. Suppression of gametic transport
- d. Suppression of fertilisation
- Sterilisation techniques are generally fool proof methods of contraception with least side effects. Yet, this is the last option for the couples because:
i. It is almost irreversible
ii. Of the misconception that it will reduce sexual urge/drive
iii. It is a surgical procedure
iv. Of lack of sufficient facilities in many parts of the country
Choose the correct option:
- (a) i and iii
- (b) ii and iii
- (c) ii and iv
- (d) i, ii, iii and iv
- A national level approach to build up a reproductively healthy society was taken up in our country in:
- a. 1950s
- b. 1960s
- c. 1980s
- d. 1990s
- Emergency contraceptives are effective if used within:
- a. 72 hrs of coitus
- b. 72 hrs of ovulation
- c. 72 hrs of menstruation
- d. 72 hrs of implantation
- Choose the right one among the statements given below:
- a. IUDs are generally inserted by the user herself
- b. IUDs increase phagocytosis reaction in the uterus
- c. IUDs suppress gametogenesis
- d. IUDs once inserted need not be replaced
- Following statements are given regarding MTP. Choose the correct options given below:
i. MTPs are generally advised during first trimester
ii. MTPs are used as a contraceptive method
iii. MTPs are always surgical
iv. MTPs require the assistance of qualified medical personnel
- (a) ii and iii
- (b) ii and iii
- (c) i and iv
- (d) i and ii
- From the sexually transmitted diseases mentioned below, identify the one which does not specifically affect the sex organs:
- a. Syphilis
- b. AIDS
- c. Gonorrhea
- d. Genital warts
- Condoms are one of the most popular contraceptives because of the following reasons:
- a. These are effective barriers for insemination
- b. They do not interfere with coital act
- c. These help in reducing the risk of STDs
- d. All of the above
- Choose the correct statement regarding the ZIFT procedure:
- a. Ova collected from a female donour are transferred to the fallopian tube to facilitate zygote formation.
- b. Zygote is collected from a female donour and transferred to the fallopian tube
- c. Zygote is collected from a female donour and transferred to the uterus
- d. Ova collected from a female donour and transferrerd to the uterus
- The correct surgical procedure as a contraceptive method is:
- a. Ovarieetomy
- b. Hysterectomy
- c. Vasectomy
- d. Castration
- Diaphragms are contraceptive devices used by the females. Choose the correct option from the statements given below:
i. They are introduced into the uterus
ii. They are placed to cover the cervical region
iii. They act as physical barriers for sperm entry
iv. They act as spermicidal agents
- (a) i and ii,
- (b) i and iii,
- (c) ii and iii,
- (d) iii & iv
Very Short Answer Type Questions
- Reproductive health refers only to healthy reproductive functions. Comment.
- Comment on the Reproductive and Child Health Care programme of the government to improve the reproductive health of the people.
- The present population growth rate in India is alarming. Suggest ways to check it.
- STDs can be considered as self-invited diseases. Comment.
- Suggest the reproduction-related aspects in which counselling should be provided at the school level.
- Mention the primary aim of the “Assisted Reproductive Technology” (ART) programme.
- What is the significance of progesterone-estrogen combination as a contraceptive measure?
- Strict conditions are to be followed in medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) procedures. Mention two reasons.
- Males in whom testes fail to descend to the scrotum are generally infertile. Why?
- Mention two advantages of lactational amenorrhea as a contraceptive method.
Short Answer Type Questions
- Suggest some important steps that you would recommend to be taken to improve the reproductive health standards in India.
- The procedure of GIFT involves the transfer of female gamete to the fallopian tube. Can gametes be transferred to the uterus to achieve the same result? Explain.
- Copper ions-releasing IUDs are more efficient than non-medicated methods. Why?
- What are the probable factors that contributed to population explosion in India?
- Briefly explain IVF and ET What are the conditions in which these methods are advised?
- What are the advantages of natural methods of contraception over artificial methods?
- What are the conditions in which medical termination of pregnancy is advised?
- Comment on the essential features required for an ideal contraceptive.
- All reproductive tract infections RTIs are STDs, but all STDs are not RTIs. Justify with example.
Long Answer Type Questions
- What are the Assisted Reproductive Techniques practised to help infertile couples? Describe any three techniques.
- Discuss the mode of action and advantages/disadvantages of hormonal contraceptives.
- STDs are a threat to reproductive health. Describe any two such diseases and suggest preventive measures.
- Do you justify the statutory ban on aminocentesis in our country? Give reasons.
- Enumerate and describe any five reasons for introducing sex education to school-going children.
|« Previous||Next »|
Answers to Multiple Choice Questions
Class 12 Important Questions for Biology
Biology Important Questions Class 12 are given below chapter wise.
- Reproduction in Organisms
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Human Reproduction
- Reproductive Health
- Principle of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health and Diseases
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Organisms and Populations
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Environmental Issues
Leave a Reply