Class 7 Important Questions for Science – Weather, Climate and Adaptation Of Animals to Climate
NCERT Exemplar Class 7 Science is very important resource for students preparing for VII Board Examination. Here we have provided NCERT Exemplar Problems Solutions along with NCERT Exemplar Problems Class 7.
Question from very important topics are covered by NCERT Exemplar Class 7. You also get idea about the type of questions and method to answer in your Class 7th examination.
Here you can get Class 7 Important Questions Science based on NCERT Text book for Class VII. Science Class 7 Important Questions are very helpful to score high marks in board exams. Here we have covered Important Questions on Weather, Climate and Adaptation Of Animals to Climate for Class 7 Science subject.
Science Important Questions Class 7 are given below.
Multiple Choice Questions
- The maximum and minimum temperature displayed daily in the weather bulletin refer to the –
- (a) highest day temperature and lowest night temperature of the day.
- (b) highest day temperature and highest night temperature of the month.
- (c) temperature recorded at 12 noon and at mid night (00.00 hrs).
- (d) average highest temperature of day and average lowest temperature of night.
- Out of the given definitions, which is the most appropriate definition of climate?
- (a) Changes in weather conditions in a year.
- (b) Average weather pattern of many years.
- (c) Change in weather pattern in a few years.
- (d) Weather conditions during summer.
- Which of the following briefly describes the desert climate?
- (a) Hot and humid
- (b) Dry and humid
- (c) Hot and dry
- (d) Hot and wet
- Paheli went to a wildlife sanctuary where she saw dense vegetation of trees, shrubs, herbs and also a variety of animals like monkeys, birds, elephants, snakes, frogs, etc. The most likely location of this sanctuary is in the –
- (a) temperate region
- (b) tropical region
- (c) polar region
- (d) coastal region
- Given below are some adaptive features of animals:
(i) Layer of fat under the skin
(ii) Long, curved and sharp claws
(iii) Slippery body
(iv) Thick white fur
Which of them are the adaptive features of a polar bear?
- (a) (i) only
- (b) (i) and (ii) only
- (c) (i), (ii) and (iii) only
- (d) (i), (ii), and (iv) only
- Which of the following statement is incorrect for penguins?
- (a) They huddle together
- (b) They cannot swim
- (c) They have webbed feet
- (d) They have streamlined body
- Read the following environmental conditions of tropical rain forests.
(i) Hot and humid climate
(ii) Unequal lengths of day and night
(iii) Abundant rain fall
(iv) Abundant light and moisture
Identify the conditions from the above list that are responsible for the presence of large number of plants and animals in tropical rain forests.
- (a) (i) and (ii)
- (b) (i) and (iii)
- (c) (i), (iii) and (iv)
- (d) (ii) and (iv)
- The coldest region on earth is the –
- (a) polar region
- (b) tropical region
- (c) temperate region
- (d) coastal region
- Choose the odd one from the following options :
- (a) Thick layer of fat under the skin
- (b) White fur
- (c) Long grasping tail
- (d) Wide and large feet with sharp claws
Very Short Answer Type Questions
- “A fish dies when taken out of water whereas a wall lizard will die if kept under water.” Mention the term used to describe such abilities that allow fish and lizard to survive in their respective habitats.
- Give one example of an animal that can live both in water and on land.
- State whether the following statements are True or False. Correct the false statements.
- (a) It is easy to predict weather rather than climate.
- (b) Since very few prey are available, polar bear does not need to have strong sense of smell.
- (c) Penguins stick together to fight the cold polar climate.
- (d) Tropical rain forests are cool and humid throughout the year because of heavy rains all the time.
- Unscramble the following words using the hints given against them.
Short Answer Type Questions
14. Match the animals mentioned in Column I with their characteristic features given in Column II.
- Why is it difficult to predict the weather of a place while it is easy to predict its climate?
- Name two animals each that live in Polar region and Tropical rain forests.
- Write two common adaptive features of a polar bear which help in keeping it warm.
- Mention two adaptive features of penguin that help it in swimming.
- Differentiate between:
- (i) Weather and climate
- (ii) Humidity and rainfall
- (iii) Climates of polar region and tropical rain forest
- (iv) Maximum and minimum temperatures of the day
Long Answer Type Questions
- Fill in the blanks in the paragraph given below.
- Given below is a list of climatic conditions and some examples of animals. Read them carefully and place the items in the relevant columns as shown.
Penguin, Gorrila, Monkey, Reindeer, Assam, Greenland, Sun does not rise for six months, Hot and humid climate, Days and nights are almost equal in length throughout the year, Winter temperature around –37°C, Western Ghats
|« Previous||Next »|
Answers to Multiple Choice Questions
|1. (a)||2. (b)||3. (c)||4. (b)|
|5. (d)||6. (b)||7. (c)||8. (a)|